Loewe Articos

Reaction score
:) I am about a week away (at last) from getting my Articos, has anybody seen this set and how does it compare to the Aconda or Vitros.

Nope - but i'd be very interested to know what the new Chassis does, and what features the set has - as i'm presuming the Aconda chassis will be updated at some point soon.

Do feel free to post once you've got it :)

Phil

Hi - I saw the set in Harrods when i went to see the 40" Aconda, and the articos has the best quality picture i have ever seen in any t.v. It beats all of the other 32" sets easily - you WILL like this t.v!! The colours are amazing, the picture is amazing - enjoy your new set :)
If only they did a 40" articos.......

Priesh

My new Aconda 9381 (delivered this month) I believe has the same chassis (Q2500/H) and sw (V2.2) as the Articos. It is certainly a different chassis from the demo models I saw (Q2400).

ian.

the acconda does not come with the Q2500 as yet.
i'm told it will be quite soon..
so if you really have the Q2500 good for you but i'd be surprised.

as for the articos,read my post 7 weeks ago on it.
yep, better in every way than the Q2400 acconda looks cool and remember two other new sets in the 'systems' range are following very soon as with an all new plasma

Mo,

My Aconda online system info says chassis:Q2500/H, sw:V2.2.
This is different from Aconda display models I've seen, but
the sw gui is the same as an Articos I saw displayed at my dealer.

I haven't seen any specs available on the Articos. Its difficult to know what the difference is between the Articos and the Aconda, apart from appearance. Do you have any info ?

ian.

you must be one the first to have one.
the articos i'm told is better in every way,picture & sound.
go & see for yourself.
all i'm saying is,for all of you paying £1800 or so,why not buy the articos for no more than another £100 max.

Originally posted by mo
you must be one the first to have one.
the articos i'm told is better in every way,picture & sound.
go & see for yourself.
all i'm saying is,for all of you paying £1800 or so,why not buy the articos for no more than another £100 max.

I'm so jealous, and want a Loewe immidietly. It seems they are the only brand to fly above the many critisisms of 100hz tv's, with the added bonus of being upgradeble as new chip sets become available.

questions:

1. That Articos you mention. Won't that £1900 price you mention NOT include a stand?

2. Would waiting for an Aconda with the same innards as the articos be a cheaper and more appropriate option?

3. How can the picture be better?(Sound does not matter to me as i have a speaker setup).

4. Is this a good time to buy a loewe? I.E Is it future proof enough if you buy the latest aconda/articos/vitros?

6. The articos looks like a design line tv. It's an arty thing. Surely the innards will be comparible to an aconda. I assume all the extra money you pay is for the design of the set.

I managed to get a price match via House of Frasier so it's similar money to the full price Aconda. I do not know if the Aconda will get the same media chassis, or screen. Looks are subjective
As for futureproofing, who knows, if I had the extra money I would have bought a Panasonic or Toshiba plasma with a line doubler. I think this technology is the future, but only when prices come down.

tellboy, which House of Fraser did you get your Articos from and exactly how much did it cost, also did they do a 5 yr warranty on it.

I'm waiting on Robert Wyte to give me a quote for this TV.

Also, Mo do you work for a AV shop or do you just have 'connections'?

House of Fraser Bromley - Robert Whyatt quoted £1799. The five year warranty will be extra, but you get a 2 year factory warranty with the TV.

Cheers Tellboy

So 1900 quid from HoF Bromley, I've got an itchy credit card!
Have you got the Articos at home now, if you have was it 1900 well spent.

Not yet, being delivered on Saturday. However I have seen one in Sevenoaks Hi-fi and it looks good, although it only had an analogue signal fed into it. It was slightly better than the Aconda and Vitros next to it.

Telboy,
Is the Articos about the same depth as the Aconda & is the surround made from aluminium or plastic?

The set is bigger than the Aconda and about the same depth, from what I remember the surround was plastic

:D Well after a long wait I have the Articos and installed it. Well what can I say, after buying the set without seeing it I am amazed at how good it is. My previous Sony 29" TV was good but this makes it seem ordinary. The images on all formats seem more natural, no harshness, DVD and Sky digital images are superb. After the sharp images I have seen on Japanese sets the Loewe seems soft at first but after a while you realise that the image is more natural and therefore more lifelike. Heartily recommended

Tellboy

Had another look at the Articos in Harrods last night, great looking TV (should be for £2300). Asked the guy to put Waterworld on because if I see Bugs Life/Shrek/Toy Story on one more TV I'll do one!, these films look top on any TV. Waterworld started and during the opening flying through the clouds sequence saw quite a few digital artefacts, looked like black flecks similar to the ones you get on cinema screen. He blames the DVD disc (mmmmmmm). Do you think this was due to the digital processing of this TV? How is yours with DVD's, did it need tweaking?

Cheers

Had the same problem with the Articos in Harrods. Went away not very impressed. Later on in the film on fast moving scenes the picture became almost unwatchable. Shrek was a little better but the 40" Aconda next to it looked much better in terms of artifacts. This makes me wonder if the set was setup properly or if it was running some early software?

Si

I must admit I have not seen any problems via my DVD's. Some Artifacts are visible on sport, but these are I believe down to broadcast picture quality.

telboy, now that you have your Articos, can you please tell me whether it has split screen PAP?

The spec on Loewe's website has a dash next to split screen, not very informative; it's hard to imagine a TV of this quality/price not having it but... please confirm!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom