Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Loewe Articos - what's it worth?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Wilbur, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Wilbur

Wilbur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am thinking about taking the plasma plunge...

How much do you think would be a fair price for my 8 month old immaculate condition Platinum Loewe Articos (no original box but all the extras and a further 16 months on the warranty)...

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does it come with the motorised stand ;).

Don't know why you're selling as the Articos is about the closest looking set to a Plasma that I've ever seen. Picture quality will also be superior to any Plasma.

However if you do decide to sell up, I would guess the Articos is worth around £1200-£1400 but more if it comes with the stand.

3. AV Geeza

AV Geeza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Wilbur,
    Why do you want to sell the Articos?
    Can you tell me if its difficult to keep the anti reflective screen clean, as all the demo models Ive seen look terrible!

4. Wilbur

Wilbur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm afraid it's the size issue that's making me consider a swap... Now my 5.1 system is installed, I can't help feeling that the size of the sound is being limited by the size of the picture (if that makes sense). I don't have the motorised stand as the TV only ever faces one direction.

Cleaning of the anti-reflective glass is very easy... a bottle of cleaning fluid, soft cloth and pair of white cotton gloves (no joke!) is included in the box. I polish up the screen every 4 weeks or so - nobody's allowed to put their grubby fingers on the telly so it's always smudge free!

5. AV Geeza

AV Geeza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I understand what you mean, size matters!!! But to get a plasma with a picture that is close to what you have at the moment is going to be very expensive!! :eek:
    The so called "budget plasma's" have good pictures, but they don't come close to the Articos.
    The technology is still relatively new compared to CRT, so I expect there will be big improvements and lower prices within the next year.
    LCD screens are being pushed into the domestic market slowly but surely and this too will have an effect on the price of plasma.
    Which plasma screens are you considering?

6. Wilbur

Wilbur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only plasma I am really serious about is the Panasonic PW5. Those extra 10 inches would make all the difference...!

7. The Huss

The Huss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have PM:)