1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Articos @ TV & Video Direct?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Moo242, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Moo242

Moo242

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TV & Video Direct have the Articos without the Hard Drive recorder at £1599 and as I rarely watch any terrestrial TV this wouldn't be an issue (strictly DVD watching).

My question is though, can anyone confirm whether Loewe still manufacture the Articos without the HD or whether this may be an older model (with Q2400 chassis)? The image is the same and I know they are certified Loewe dealers but I just haven't seen this model anywhere else without the hard drive.

2. mo

mo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    the articos this company are offering is 'last years' model.
    in that i mean the only difference between this and the current one is that the new articos has the new 'hd' tube.

3. Moo242

Moo242

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HD Tube?

Sorry if I'm being thick, but the technology driving the hard drive shouldn't affect the tube should it? :confused:

Basically, the Articos I demoed was the one with the hard disk - Just want to make sure that there's no difference in actual PQ between the two..

4. mo

mo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    let me make it easier.
    the hard disk model has an updated higher spec tube.

5. andi

andi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HD = High Definition.

6. Moo242

Moo242

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Aaaah, OK I'm with you now.

I presume this doesn't become an issue until you are dealing with high definition broadcasts and compatiable equipment?

If so, I'll doubt that I'll be watching high def' material in this TV's lifetime

7. helicon2

helicon2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    As far as I'm aware, the latest chassis for Loewe's Articos/Aconda is Q2550H which is included in the HD/DR+ models. The previous chassis is the Q2500H which is the same chassis as above but with extra features for hard drive operation. As far as I'm aware, there will be no difference in PQ between the 2 of them. I'm not 100% sure about this but I've been following Loewe developments for a while now and believe this to be the case. Maybe somebody like Groundy would know the answer?

The one you're looking at from TV and Video Direct should have the Q2500H chassis but you may want to phone them to check.

8. Moo242

Moo242

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I actually posted the same question over on EDIT: similar website to this one EDIT and the always helpful Groundy did indeed reply. It appears that the only real difference is the upgraded HD tube and disk recorder. Neither of which are an issue for me

I also discovered the rather snazzy 'compare and contrast' feature on the Loewe website and they are indentical in every other way.

I'm about to take the plunge and order one, so thanks for all your help people

9. helicon2

helicon2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Can you post how you actually get on with it?

I am really interested in hearing what you have to say cause I have ordered one from them also, which is to get delivered mid-September (moving into a new house).

Wouldn't mind knowing what you think of their service/delivery methods and obviously the TV!

10. Moo242

Moo242

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No problems Ace - Watch this space :)