1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Articos Reviews

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by RichieS, Jul 2, 2002.

1. RichieS

RichieS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Strongly considering buying this TV....

Does anyone know of any Artcios Reviews I can read....also if their are any Articos's on display around London Picaddilly Circus

2. Mr_P

Mr_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    RichieS,

I too am considering the Articos. Mind you I am trying to justify the extra cost over the Aconda 9381!!!
    I've got all the brochures from Linn Products on both tv's. Give them a ring on 08000 27 64 65. Leave your name and address and within 2 days, you will have all the details sent out to you.

I've done some research on the web for both models and although I have found plenty of reviews on the Aconda, nothing yet on the Articos.

It would be nice if one or two owners of the Articos set would post their opinions on this set. Ideally I would like to know the features the sets have and what are the differences between the 9381 and the Articos, looking at the specs, they appear to be the same!!

telboy I think has an articos, I've left him a message asking him a few questions, if he can reply then at least we will have some info on this set from a owner's point of view!

3. telboy

telboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mr_P, The Articos is very similar to the Aconda and Vitros, in my opinion it has the better cabinet design and a large glass anti-glare screen, this is Ok but not as good as the B & O coating they use at reducing glare. It is available in Basalt(Black) and silver cabinet, the basalt is more expensive.
    Features include 3 scarts as per the Aconda's, PIP or split screen, EPG Electronic programme guide (does not work in UK), advanced teletext, DNC, AMD, DMI Plus. I think all these are as per the Aconda.
    Picture quality is top notch in my opinion slightly superior to the Aconda.

4. RichieS

RichieS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I took the time to visit Harrods today to see the Loewe Articos

The picture was Amazing....much better than my old FQ-75

It seemed even more 3D like...the colours were warm and vibrant...I was really blown away

I spent about 15 looking at the screen for 100 hz flaws but couldn't see anything that disturbed me

Love to know the opinions of the guys who've had this TV for a while...any gripes?

The TV even has a Technical Dictionary which explains all it's functions built into the menu!!!!

Best Price?

5. Mr_P

Mr_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Best price:

£1849.99 + £45 for delivery and installation - Robert Whyte for the platinum Articos PLUS 6 MONTHS INTEREST FREE!!

Empire Direct will do a 9381 in High Gloss Black for £1519 + delivery, the cheapest I can get the silver 9381 is at tv and video direct, £1590 delivered and installed. However they are charging £1940 for the Articos, again delivered and installed.

The 6 months interest free sounds good IF Robert Whyte offer a good service? Does sound tempting!!

6. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Please do a search on Robert Whyte on these forums and you should find some useful information to help you make up your mind.

7. telboy

telboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could also get House of Fraser or John Lewis to price match Robert Whyte's.

8. RichieS

RichieS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phoned John Lewis who told me that they don't stock the Loewe Articos

9. Mr_P

Mr_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I've phoned up my local John Lewis and House of Fraser (north east) and they both do the Articos for £2300. They should be getting them in within the week.

telboy, I assume that Robert Whyte's price will be matched by John Lewis and House of Fraser? Has anyone got any proof of them matching a Robert Whyte price?

If so then I will be on the phone to them or call in and buy the set for £1850.

Added that I have been told over the phone that John Lewis will not match on Loewe tv's!!! First I have heard!!!!