1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

loewe articos pictures

Discussion in 'TVs' started by ricke, Jul 8, 2002.

1. ricke

ricke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone able to point me in the direction of a picture/web site with pictures of the loewe articos ? There's nothing on the loewe (german) web site, wouldn't mind seeing it before keeping it/getting rid of it of my tv wish list.;)

2. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. ricke

ricke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks stranger ;) , nice looking set, pricey stand though. I think it'll stay on my list. I'll check it out at the local JL, if they've got it. Others still on my list are the Tosh 32/36 Strata, the Loewe Acondas or maybe even the Sony DX/NX100. Any thoughts ?

4. PeteMan

PeteMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's ther on the Loewe web site, look under 'SYSTEMS'. Whilst you're there check out the Articos remote.

5. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sound and vision have a good range of loewe sets in-they're usually a good pricebeater (other makes too) 01204 861861.

6. Mr_P

Mr_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    £1840 + £45 delivery is the cheapest I have seen, has anyone beaten this?

7. RichieS

RichieS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John Lewis refused to price match Robert Whyte as they said they were mainly a internet based company

8. PeteMan

PeteMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's not on IMHO. I was told that HofF will match Internet price as long as the site has at least one retail outlet. They can't now exclude 'mainly internet based companies'. Robert Whyte and TV & Video Direct are both official Loewe stockists. It's not like they're grey imports. If HofF don't want your business then go to someone like Audio T who WILL happily match ANY Loewe stockist.

If I was you i'd go back to HofF and talk to someone else or escalate it to the manager.

9. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Pete_man... JL and HOF are two totally different companies ;)

This is true to the extent that HOF are a national company and the price promise covers price matches to "local" stores. (i.e if a customer saw a product advertised at £899 in a store in Scotland there's a good chance that it can be matched at a store in London based on the fact that there's bound to be a HOF in near vicinity of the Scotland outlet.) Only real stipulation is that the product MUST be in stock at the store in question (i.e can be taken away same day - not ordered in to collect in 6 weeks time!!!)

Product must also be a stock item for the HOF store you choose to get it from - special orders are not subject to the Price Match policy.

Bear in mind though that HOF are a business too - in some cases price matches simply aren't cost effective and prices cannot always be honoured... I've never had to refuse a price match yet but I've heard of instances where it has taken place.

Kelvin. HOF Bournemouth.

10. Mr_P

Mr_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    kelvinp,

If I was to come in to the Bournemouth store and ask for a price match on the following:

Articos £1849.99 available at Robert Whtye
    Aconda 9381 in stratos silver £1549.99 available at tv and video direct
    Sony Av Amp STR-DE685 £199 available at Robert Whyte

Would you be able to price match them or not?

Thanks.

11. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Mr_P

We're quite a small department so sorry if this looks bad... :blush:

Loewe Articos - not standard stock item so not possible. :(
    STR-DE685 - not standard stock item so not possible :(

Loewe Aconda 9381 is a definite maybe though - all our price matches have to be run by our head office so I'd need to check for you on Monday and then post the results on here. Bear with me...

Do TV & Video direct include a 5 year warranty with their sets??? - Bear this in mind when considering prices... If we were to match their "offer" it would include non standard options such as the warranty. No real problem but consider the fact that at our normal price (£1699.99) you're effectively paying £150 for 5 years of cover. Might be an option??

I'll come back to you with my results on Monday evening.

Kelvin.

12. Mr_P

Mr_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    kelvinp,

Thanks for the reply.

All warranty's on the Loewe sets just come with a standard 2 year warranty if I were to buy from Robert Whtye, tv and video direct etc., so yes I would be paying £150 for an extra 3 years. Yes so something to bear in mind.

However I would probably be happy with the standard 2 year warranty.

The 9381 in silver at £1550 would interest me although I still need to check out an Articos first to help me decide which set to go for.

Just out of interest, what price matches are HOF (large stores) accepting on the Articos. It would be interesting to find out if HOF would sell the Articos for £1850. Is there any chance you could find out, I appreciate your store does not stock that model but would head office be able to provide you with that info?

Thanks once again.

13. PeteMan

PeteMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, please ignore references to HofF, should have said JL.

From what you and others say the exclusions to the JL price 'promise' are as follows:-

Will not match Internet sites at all (even if they have retail outlets).
    Will not match unless the other store has the item in stock
    Will not match if JL have to order the product in
    Will not match if not economic for JL to do so.

Seems to me that JL can pick and choose. Not really much of a promise IMHO.

As you know Loewe make a very large range of televisions when you consider all the models and colours. Nobody will realistically stock many of them so does this make the JL 'Price promise' void for virtually the whole Loewe range?

In my opinion, if a competitor was to sell a TV at a loss then JL should still offer to match the price. JL has to take the rough with the smooth.

As I said in my post, Audio T will happily match other Internet retailers. Their price promise is as follows "If you find a better deal from another authorised shop, let us know and as long as we can verify it we'll be happy to match it". They were happy to match Robert Whyte and TV & Video direct prices as both retailers are authorised shops. If Audio T will match on this basis then why can't JL who probably have superior buying power.

One additional comment is that it is unfair to expect JL to price match and still throw in a 5 year warranty. The comparison must be 'like for like'.

14. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Mr_P.

No problem, Head Office should be able to give me the info regardless of whether we stock the set or not - I'll ask the question and try to find out for you.

15. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,973
    Perhaps a case for reporting them to the Advertising Standards Authority?

Their "Never Knowingly Undersold" advertising slogan seems to be false.

16. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Mr_P - you have a PM :cool: