1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Articos - Any feedback

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Mr_P, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Mr_P

Mr_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    After my adventure with the infamous Sony scrolling bars, I am currently looking for a replacement TV for the KV36FS70 model.

There are not that many 36" models around so I may drop down to 32" and the Loewe Articos is a model I keep on coming across.

Does anyone own this model and can offer me any feedback?

I note it comes in silver and black, the black one being more expensive, is there a reason for the black being more?

Also if anyone has any advice on any other 32" or 36" models, any manufacture, then let me know. I am sure in the coming weeks, a lot of other FQ/FS owners will be on the lookout for a new set and we will all be needed to be pointed in the right direction!!

Thanks.

2. Mr_P

Mr_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I've also been looking at the Loewe Aconda models, in particular the following models:

9381 ZW
    9581 ZWH
    9581 ZW

Does anyone have any of the above models and can verify the following:

Tube types?
    Picture and Picture (both can be sized differently)?
    Picture and Text (with the Text from another channel if need be)>
    Picture In Picture?
    Dolby Digital card can be added?
    Are all Surround speakers, subwoofer speakers etc provided?
    What about DLC, DLI, DMI, DNC? Are these on all the sets? Can anyone provide any info on these features

Also what are the prices people have been paying for these sets.

Sorry for the questions but with the problems I had with my Sony FS set, I am going to be 100% certain that I pick a really good tv!

3. mkjustuk

mkjustuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I can answer for a Q2500 chassis 9381ZW;

Philips tube, full PIP with all the features you list, DD card can be added at a cost, don't know about the speakers, 9381ZW has DMM, DMI and DNC.

Price is around 1600-1700

The black is more expensive BTW because fewer people want black tellys these days. Silver is the new black and black is the new silver.

4. jasonlgriffin

jasonlgriffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The tube should be Philips - only the Aconda 9281 has a Toshiba tube I think.

From what I understood DLI and DLC was present in all Loewes with Full Digital 100! (i.e. Vitros, Aconda, Articos). DMI Plus, DMM and DNC was in all Loewes but they have recently changed all that I think - I believe the Q2500M Vitros no longer has DMM.

The same can be said for PAP (PAT?) - the newer Vitros no longer has PAP but has PAT (same channel, not sure about different channel). This is what I have been led to believe and mine is on its way - in black because balck has always been black and as far as I'm concerned will always be black! If I don't like it or if this new Moire problem (see Loewe problem thread from today) bugs me then it will go back and I will forget about a TV, start listening to the radio and staring at the walls. Or move the some desert island.

Anyways.....

As far as I know the 9581 Select does not come with Speakers and the dolby digital card is actually designed by Bose. I've read some reviews saying the sound isn't that great and to be honest you might as well get a separate receiver and get DTS as well for a little more money.

5. telboy

telboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had an Articos for a few months now and I can recommend it. I found that it has a more realistic picture. I used to buy nothing but Sony, but once you adjust to the Loewe's you will be impressed. You will find the picture a little soft to begin with, this is because the Sony's, Panasonic's etc. are ultra sharp and little un-natural. I would say the Articos has the edge on the Aconda's and vitros's I saw but they may have had the Q2400 chassis.

6. Mr_P

Mr_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Thanks for the replies.

I think I have got my short list down to 2 sets:

- Articos
    - Aconda 9581ZW (I can only find the ZW model on the uk web sites, no mention of the 9581ZWH!)

telboy, does the Articos have PAP, PAT(also teletext from another channel)? If you could tell me the features the set has, etc then that would build up my knowledge of the Articos.

Does anyone have any feedback on the 9581ZW?

One more question, I take it that both sets have 2 RGB scarts and both have component input? And also the RGB picture can be centred and shifted horziontally.

If anyone can spend anytime detailing the features on these sets etc, then I would be really grateful as I need to make my mind up before the end of the week as I need to get back to my dealer.

Thanks.

7. stretcher

stretcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi y'all

Can anyone tell me exactly what IS the main specs difference between the Aconda and the Articos? Also, any idea of the price differential?:confused:

8. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Mr_P,
    I'm surprised Loewe are admitting their Bose relationship, two very differing brands as far as enthusiasts go.
    I can strongly give 9381ZW a thumbs up, Q2400, 2andabit years old.
    If you a fancy a 36" the one I would like is the Philips 36PW9607, this is what I would buy now, given the choice, you'll probably end up wishing you had the bigger size.

9. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Just,
    I'm not sure about you're saying "silver is the new black and black is the new silver".
    A lot of makers, take Panasonic (the latest DVD all in ones), Sony (the latest hi-fi systems) seem to be using black again.
    Mirror Chrome is the new black, and black is the new silver, that's it.
    Loewe told me it is more expensive to finish the black sets, mind you I remember paying £89 more for a black Capri 2.8i in 1986 with the same argument.
    9581ZW are Stratos Metallic Light only, but 9381ZW looks great in Stratos Metallic Blue, at least Loewe give you a choice.

10. jasonlgriffin

jasonlgriffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mr_P

ZWH is the one with the T1 stand that includes the subwoofer - it costs around £2300 I think (ZW is w/o this stand is around £1750) and I have seen it on some sites. Try Tv and Video Direct - I think they had it and their prices are reasonable.

11. Mr_P

Mr_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I've noticed that on the Loewe website, the 9581 ZW does not seem to have DLC, DLI, DMI, DMM Plus, DNC etc, whereas the 9581ZWH does. Is that a mistake by Loewe as I would have thought the 9581ZW would have had these features?

For a further £550, I therefore assume you are paying for the subwoofer and stand and not more features?