1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Articos 55" - Good buy or outdated?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by pipcat, Aug 11, 2004.

1. pipcat

pipcat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I am looking for a good, high end big screen TV. Recently I checked out the Loewe Articos 55" DLP and was very impressed.

However, I have since read in the magazines that TVs with the new DLP HD2+ chip will be coming out from September, such as the Samsung SP-50L7H which can boast of a contrast of 2500:1.

The Loewe price has dropped considerably - here in Germany it is now selling for around €5,500, but this still represents a big investment...

I am interested in your opinions: is it worth waiting to see the new TVs coming in the next month (will they really look so much better?) or is this like buying a PC where there is ALWAYS something new coming down the line, and you just have to decide when to jump on.

Thoughts guys?

2. nickj24

nickj24
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    all i can say m8 is ere in the uk this tv had a exellent review.it is rated in the top 3 rear pro of all time in a few magazines i hav been lookin 4 a big tv also the tosh 57wh36 + the sony kf60sx300t + this 1 by loewe.

3. Pavel

Pavel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The Loewe hasn't been available that long, so I doubt that it's outdated.

I did some reading up on the Loewe in some of the US forums, it was very well regarded there, supposedly having much better PQ than the mainstream brands, e.g. Samsung. I was considering one myself, but they're difficult to get to see in the UK.

However, if the new sets are really that close to release, why not wait a month and compare them? I can't imagine that the Loewe will become unobtainable by then.

4. pipcat

pipcat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. I had to smile a bit at the quote from nick - that the Articos was one of the 'top 3 rear pros of all time'. Gosh - does that mean that it even outperforms the classic TVs of the 50's and 60's ;)

Pipcat