1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe+Arcam DVD Update

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by akash, Feb 23, 2002.

Tags:
  1. akash

akash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I started to notice NTSC flicker problems via both the scart and 3 phono output (RGB & interlaced) as described by others in this forum.

I did further investigating, apparently the loewe tries to use its internal prog scan to make an ntsc 60hz to 120hz causes flicker problems, pal 50hz to 100hz is ok, no flicker.

I tested this with ntsc dvd discs and pal discs. weird thing is my dvd is set to auto picture output and the tv is on auto picture accept.

Even when the player is on stop mode, when the screen saver comes up, there is visible flicker??

The flicke effect happens every so often. I havehad the internal prog scan turned off of the loewe tv via for ntsc material BUT there was more visible scan lines causing the picture to look nowhere near as good as with the internal prog of loewe ON!!

does anybody have suggestions or solutions??

2. akash

akash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i used my trusty american toshiba sd-3109 dvd player hooked it to loewe but the same flicker problem occured using RGB/YUV/S-video.

i deduced that if the tv has its internal progressive scan on,it causes flicker problems on ntsc material,it is trying to do 60 hz into 120hz (no GO)

if you turn off the internal prog scan off, it defintely gets rid of the flicker problem but then you get more scan lines (which if memory serves right,the picture always was like that on my panasonic tv).

i guess i only noticed this problem when i used the loewe tv which does have a good internal prog scan convertor but cant handle 60 hz material,i bought the tv in the assumption it did everything well.

dont get me wrong i lOVE this tv, it is excellent.