Loewe announce OLED TV - bild 7.

You could take them to small claims court if the credit card Company don’t help or at the very least threaten to; the guy behind it is apparently a David Coldwell and the Company is Kenner AV Solutions Ltd whose registered office is Wilmslow. They are not connected to Loewe UK
It’s interesting that when I bought my TV direct from Loewe 14 months ago I had to make a bank transfer direct to Loewe in German, they wouldn’t accept credit card payment.
If my TV breaks down I am screwed...

That's good to know i really don't won't to go to court so hopefully it gets sorted before hand. But i derseve something. I was told that i would have two years warranty and should anything happen they would go above and beyond solving it even if they were no longer selling loewe products. I was even told something along the lines that we have been trading for over ten years and we are not going anywhere, this was in regards to me asking about there future as loewe was possible no more. I asked them to ring me in regards to delivery but they just sent the tv and when i phoned them saying they need to change the delevery date they said it was out of there hands and i need to talk to the courier, which meant i had to take a day off work! Also we will contact you to help with the setting up, nothing!

To strengthen your position in any future dispute you should write to the dealer you purchased from making it clear that you believe you have been misled as to what you purchased and you reject it. Briefly describe what is wrong and your efforts to contact them. State that you want them to collect the set and refund your money. Use recorded delivery even if you also use e-mail. This will make it easier for the credit card company to refund should that be necessary, even if there is no one left at the dealer able/or willing to reply.

Last edited:
It’s interesting that when I bought my TV direct from Loewe 14 months ago I had to make a bank transfer direct to Loewe in German, they wouldn’t accept credit card payment.
If my TV breaks down I am screwed...
Sadly yes however you would only have been given a 2 yr guarantee by Loewe

To strengthen your position in any future dispute you should write to the dealer you purchased from making it clear that you believe you have been misled as to what you purchased and you reject it. Briefly describe what is wrong and your efforts to contact them. State that you want them to collect the set and refund your money. Use recorded delivery even if you also use e-mail. This will make it easier for the credit card company to refund should that be necessary, even if there is no left at the dealer able/or willing to reply.
Good thinking I would write to the Store address and Reg office address

Good advice I will write a letter explaining my issues, lack of support, being sold a much older set then agreed. The more evidence I have the better. Sending a letter or two plus all the emails etc should hopefully help me get something.

Can someone tell me if there is a issue in renaming hdmi ports as hdmi 1 is called fire stick, the tv did this which is fine but hdmi 2 is player 3, when I rename it sky it defaults to player3?

Last edited:
Just noticed my software is v5.1.17.0* and it says v5.1.17.0 is a newer version? Why mine has a star is odd.

Last edited:
Just noticed my software is v5.1.17.0* and it says v5.1.17.0 is a newer version? Why mind has a star is odd.
I think the * means the software wasn’t successfully installed; if it lets you install the version again let it as this could be the reason you are having some issues

Last edited:
Good advice I will write a letter explaining my issues, lack of support, being sold a much older set then agreed. The more evidence I have the better. Sending a letter or two plus all the emails etc should hopefully help me get something.

Can someone tell me if there is a issue in renaming hdmi ports as hdmi 1 is called fire stick, the tv did this which is fine but hdmi 2 is player 3, when I rename it sky it defaults to player3?
I have had no issues

I f you haven't yet written to them doctorrockit - I suggest you include the following, or something similar, in your letter as a summary.

"The TV set is not as described when it was being sold to me, is not fit for purpose and additionally, due to its defects, is clearly not of a satisfactory quality. The fact that it was not sold as being new does not change any of this."

If you have already written, you might still wish to keep these phrases handy for any future discussion or correspondence as they ticket several consumer rights boxes and clearly apply in your case unless the vendor can demonstrate/prove the contrary.

Thanks radio listener, I will put together a letter this weekend. Including the above. I have the right to reject a item under the consumer rights act. It clearly states if the item being sold is of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described I am entitled to a full refund.

I updated the software, the star has now disappeared and renaming ports is working. No change in the sound department unfortunately.

Apologies for me telling you all my issues with this tv. As it is a fantastic tv and i still can't get over how good oled is. With out these problems i would be a very satisfied customer. Unfortunately the screen has burn in, I have no idea what they were showing to cause it?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 51
Apologies for me telling you all my issues with this tv. As it is a fantastic tv and i still can't get over how good oled is. With out these problems i would be a very satisfied customer. Unfortunately the screen has burn in, I have no idea what they were showing to cause it?
I can see a faint rectangle in the centre of the screen. Is it visible in normal viewing? Have you forced a calibration process to see if it fixes it?

Just add it to your letter as another reason why it isn’t fit for purpose. It is a fantastic TV and it’s a shame you can’t enjoy it. Hopefully all will end well for you.

I noticed it while watching a film. It's rarely visible but annoying never the less. I truly hope Loewe start trading again in the uk as I would happily repurchase this TV from a reputable and honest dealer. Coming from a old lcd to this is quite something. Black levels are simply stunning.

Looks a bit like the 25% window bug on some 2017 LG's

Hope you get your money back one way or another, TBH I did think the idea of the shop moving but did not know where to was iffy to say the least. Have a look at the other OLED makes I am sure you will be better off than with the set you have now.

Hello Mr Brown,

Many thanks for your enquiry, and your interest in the Loewe brand.

Loewe are looking forward to selling Loewe TV in the UK within the next few months when production recommences. We will be pleased to provide more details when we know more. If you give us the name of the town where you're based, we will send you contact details for your nearest retailer, in due course.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Tricia

Patricia Smith

Customer Service

Cairn Group Limited

Looks a bit like the 25% window bug on some 2017 LG's

Hope you get your money back one way or another, TBH I did think the idea of the shop moving but did not know where to was iffy to say the least. Have a look at the other OLED makes I am sure you will be better off than with the set you have now.

He has a 2016 panel

Mr Brown thanks for posting that I will drop them a email. I would love to be able to just swap this set over to a newer one which hopefully would have less issues, and some warranty.

I did another reset this morning and it seems the sound from the audio out and headphone socket are now working? I also did another oled calibration but it made no difference.

Come Monday I will send off my written letter of complaint outlining my issues as well as my consumer rights. I'm not holding my breath but you never know.

Mr Brown thanks for posting that I will drop them a email. I would love to be able to just swap this set over to a newer one which hopefully would have less issues, and some warranty.

I did another reset this morning and it seems the sound from the audio out and headphone socket are now working? I also did another oled calibration but it made no difference.

Come Monday I will send off my written letter of complaint outlining my issues as well as my consumer rights. I'm not holding my breath but you never know.
I can’t see they will be able to help you with your current issue as any guarantee would have been with the old Company and even if they were trading the TV is not new and any guarantee would have long since expired. I do actually think you will ultimately get your money refunded as the TV is not fit for purpose in which case you can buy a new one when they become available again

Last edited:
I can’t see they will be able to help you with your current issue as any guarantee would have been with the old Company; I actually think you will ultimately get your money refunded as the TV is not fit for purpose in which case you can buy a new one when they become available
Completely agree I was simply going to ask them to keep me informed of future plans, as well as telling them my issue with the company I brought my set from.

Like you said hopefully I will see a full refund by which time things may have moved on in the uk in regards to Loewe.

Completely agree I was simply going to ask them to keep me informed of future plans, as well as telling them my issue with the company I brought my set from.

Like you said hopefully I will see a full refund by which time things may have moved on in the uk in regards to Loewe.
Do you live in/near Manchester?

Hi, i was in London but i now live in Norfolk, any reason?
I thought if you were in Mcr you could just turn up at Reg. Office TV in hand! When I am next in Mcr I shall see if the Gallarie is still open.

I would like too, just on principle. If you could have a look that would be great, they have made zero effort to contact me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom