Quantcast

Loewe announce OLED TV - bild 7.

frans callebaut

hello,
when i play 3D blu-rays, they have a sort of a double edge in the picture. does anyone know how i can solve this problem ? i have a bild 7.55.

bob60

A white pixel has just appeared on my screen, is there anything I can do to get rid of it or will I just have to learn to live with it?

mb1357

I would like too, just on principle. If you could have a look that would be great, they have made zero effort to contact me.
Have a look on the Money Saving Expert site for useful info: the first port of call is with retailer as you are doing then contact credit card company for claim under section 75 or discretionary charge back; hopefully you can then keep TV buy a new one in due course and swap stand over!

mb1357

My sporadic ongoing Software issues (SL420)
Occasionally my stored personal picture settings revert to the original factory settings requiring one to re input the correct ones
Failure to recognise HDMI connected devices requiring a hard reset or HDMI factory reset
Failure of TV to respond to remote requiring hard reset
On occasion the TV remote doesn't work with connected devices
Numerous issues when viewing Amazon Firestick

Fortunately most of these issues can be corrected by a hard reset ie turning power on/off but it’s not great, however I just love the Loewe design which is its saving grace

Last edited:

mb1357

Hi, thanks for your reply. Is there some kind of pixel washer on Loewe TVs and does that do anything?
If you search YouTube there are many people who will offer a remedy but I suspect it’s all snake oil tbh

doctorrockit

Standard Member
Have a look on the Money Saving Expert site for useful info: the first port of call is with retailer as you are doing then contact credit card company for claim under section 75 or discretionary charge back; hopefully you can then keep TV buy a new one in due course and swap stand over!
I will have a look,
I have sent over 10 emails, plus phone calls, two letters and I have even tried contacting them via eBay . Nothing zero response.
I have gathered as much info as possible emails photos etc sending my claim off tomorrow. Only got the forms yesterday despite me contacting them over a week ago.

Thanks again for the advise,

doctorrockit

Standard Member
Best settings for films? Ok so I know if I change cinema mode I.e turn off all the extra processing it then becomes personal mode. If I was to change premium mode so they matched would the end result be the same? Is there any hidden processing in cinema compared to premium? I just want a TV that displays films the way they were intended, with out all this extra processing for me it ruins the look of films.
Also I noticed my sky is 50hrz but Netflix is 60hrz will this affect the picture at all?
I'm using my old TV for the time being but what ever the outcome I'm going to get a oled be it this one or a newer model down the line. Oled is the best option? Plasma was great but it's had its day, and I'm not a fan of lcd.

Last edited:

mb1357

Best settings for films? Ok so I know if I change cinema mode I.e turn off all the extra processing it then becomes personal mode. If I was to change premium mode so they matched would the end result be the same? Is there any hidden processing in cinema compared to premium? I just want a TV that displays films the way they were intended, with out all this extra processing for me it ruins the look of films.
Also I noticed my sky is 50hrz but Netflix is 60hrz will this affect the picture at all?
I'm using my old TV for the time being but what ever the outcome I'm going to get a oled be it this one or a newer model down the line. Oled is the best option? Plasma was great but it's had its day, and I'm not a fan of lcd.
I am not aware of any hidden processing in the cinema mode; personally I would use personal mode and adapt it to suit your viewing requirements

radiolistener

My sporadic ongoing Software issues (SL420)
Occasionally my stored personal picture settings revert to the original factory settings requiring one to re input the correct ones
Failure to recognise HDMI connected devices requiring a hard reset or HDMI factory reset
Failure of TV to respond to remote requiring hard reset
On occasion the TV remote doesn't work with connected devices
Numerous issues when viewing Amazon Firestick

Fortunately most of these issues can be corrected by a hard reset ie turning power on/off but it’s not great, however I just love the Loewe design which is its saving grace
Since the main control board was replaced on my set I have had only one similar problem requiring a reset - previously they were regular occurences.

mb1357

Since the main control board was replaced on my set I have had only one similar problem requiring a reset - previously they were regular occurences.
Purchased an Apple 4K box; Firestick just too sketchy mainly due to wi if issues

mb1357

This may be of use for future reference:

OLED DEVICES (HL2-T):

• HDMI 1: 450Mhz, UHD @ 25.30.50.60Hz. Color undersampling: 4: 2: 2 (8bit). UHD with HDR @ 25.30Hz (10, 12bit)
• HDMI 2: 450Mhz, UHD @ 25.30.50.60Hz. Color undersampling: 4: 2: 2 (8bit). UHD with HDR @ 25.30Hz (10, 12bit)
• HDMI 3: 300Mhz, no HDR
• HDMI 4: 600Mhz, UHD, UHD with HDR @ 25.30.50.60Hz. Color undersampling: 4: 4: 4 (8,10,12bit)

frans callebaut

hello,
no matter in which position i put DMM on my loewe bild 7 i have problems with fast moving pictures. some positions give shocking pictures or shocking end credits of a movie) others give artefacts,( for example when someone passes a fence.) can anyone help me ?
best regards,
frans callebaut

mb1357

hello,
no matter in which position i put DMM on my loewe bild 7 i have problems with fast moving pictures. some positions give shocking pictures or shocking end credits of a movie) others give artefacts,( for example when someone passes a fence.) can anyone help me ?
best regards,
frans callebaut
What picture settings are you using for HDMI connected device

RayP

I know the staff at Loewe Gallery, Manchester have lost their jobs but it is remiss of them not to have posted a closure notice on their website. If you were to find it and didn’t know the history you could have a wasted journey hoping to pick up a bargain. Their website gives every indication they’re open for business.

dave1956a

Well it looked like something was well iffy saying in an email "we are moving but do not know where"
Another shop goes to the wall leaving customers hi and dry again. It is about time UK company law was reformed.

RayP

Well it looked like something was well iffy saying in an email "we are moving but do not know where"
Another shop goes to the wall leaving customers hi and dry again. It is about time UK company law was reformed.
I thought the same so I replied asking about that and never received a reply. So their post was disingenuous at best and very dodgy legally at worst.

mb1357

cinema mode
contrast 12
brightness 10
image + activity off
picture format 16:9 pc
colour temperature soft
sharpness 0
auto dimming off
film quality improvement off
dig. noise reduction off
gamma brightness 0
These seem fine so I have no idea why you are getting such issues; are you watching via a Apple TV or similar?

Mrspc

Novice Member
Hello all,
first time Loewe owner here. I have a bild5.55. I am struggling to find the itv hub app. I have BBC, Channel 4, Netflix, etc, etc but can’t find the ITV hub! I’ve searched through the apps, I’ve searched through the browser but nothing! Would one of you be able to point me in the right direction please? Do I need to buy a separate dongle to be able to access this one app?
thanks for the help in advance.

mb1357

no, a blu-ray recorder/player from panasonic (bct-750).
Well I suggest the problem is with the Blu ray player and its settings NB just ensure you have Loewe picture settings set correctly for the HDMI input as they can differ from the digital tv input