Loewe and satellite TV

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Lester, Jun 23, 2002.

1. Lester

Lester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I’m looking to get a Loewe Aconda or Vitros and was wondering about their satellite capabilities.

There’s a Twin Sat upgrade option which allows you to watch one satellite channel whilst recording another. However, I think it’s quite pricey and seems to be only for analogue satellite channels. These days, is there anything worth receiving via analogue ?

I don’t currently have a digital receiver of any kind, so do Loewe do upgrades to receive free-to-air DVB channels ie. BBC Choice, ITV2 etc ? Or would I be better off just buying a set-top-box for a hundred quid ?

I’m not that clued-up with satellite so any help greatly appreciated.

Lester

2. zsaddique

zsaddique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've always wondered about those slots on my Loewe Aconda for a card to access satellite channels. Just never got round to finding more information on it. Would be interesting to how these can be used, although I'm presuming it'll only be of use if you have a satellite hooked up.

3. Bluetyler

Bluetyler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well according to Pricerunner you can get a Loewe Aconda 9381 ZW for £1!!!! ;)

go here

error perhaps? :D

JG

4. PeteMan

PeteMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Come on someone! you must be able to answer this. I also was going to get one of those little Pace boxes to sit on my Loewe (when I order it). What Video didn't seem to recommend it for your 'main set'.