1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe - am I missing something?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by rjpreston, Nov 30, 2001.

1. rjpreston

rjpreston
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fancy buying a Loewe Xelos. If I bought one, I'd splash out on the matching cabinet as well (the big black cube).

But one thing is bothering me - if the cabinet has a solid metal front door how can remote controls be used to control the DVD & video inside the cabinet? It seems to defeat the object of a stylish cabinet if the door has to be left open when using the telly!

Am I missing something - like the door is somehow transparent to IR from the remotes????

(I know 3rd party IR remote repeater units are avaialble but this seems a messy solution.)

Cheers

Rob

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,004
    The matching Loewe VCR is controllable throught the TV....."What! you don't want to buy another VCR?"

Cheapskate!:rolleyes:

3. rjpreston

rjpreston
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Affording the TV itself is bad enough, never mind another VCR & DVD!!!

The friendly chaps at PJ HiFi in Guildford came up with a solution - Xantech IR repeaters modules which beam the remote control signal in the cabinet. Perfect!