• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Loewe Aconda

louisg

Prominent Member
Hello all,

i have a Loewe Aconda crt, it has deveolped a fault where it randomly switches itself to standyby.

It is currenlty at a approved Loewe dealer and they called saying he cant find the problem, its been there 3 weeks. He has changed boards, circuits etc with no joy.
Loewe have been informed and dont know what the fault is.

He changed the contrast slightly from 50% to 44% with some improvement but is adament that isnt the cause.

Anyone else had this problem?
I have had the tv for about 6 years with no problem.

Louis

SimonO

Established Member
My brother has the same set and had the same fault, it was a simple solder joint repair from memory...

L

lhscontrol

Simon, can you please find out from your brother if he has more detailed information regarding the fix as I am having the same problem as Louisg?

Lester

Established Member
I had a similar problem with mine last year. The TV switched into standby and would click away trying to turn itself back on.

Didn't take too much notice of what got fixed (under extended warranty) but I think it was something to do with a dry joint in the power supply. Loewe also got them to fit some kind of power safety protection feature too.

It's been 100% since.

SimonO

Established Member
Sorry for the delayed reply, this is the service agent my brother used, he said they charged around £75 for the repair which, as Lester says, was a simple resolder...

Keens (Amersham) Ltd - 01442 864445

louisg

Prominent Member
SimonO said:
Sorry for the delayed reply, this is the service agent my brother used, he said they charged around £75 for the repair which, as Lester says, was a simple resolder...

Keens (Amersham) Ltd - 01442 864445

Spoke to a really Helpful chap called Ian at Keens. Excellent company. Highly reccomended.

Louis

jkharmer

Established Member
Does the Aconda buzz at all? I had a Pansonic 32PF10 which buzzed really bad - could hear it from 3m away.

Thanks

James

L

lhscontrol

My Aconda has now been fixed. It was a reostat in the power supply, plus a dry joint. It was fixed under their 5 year warranty as it was only 3.5 years old. It has never buzzed in operation. I can recommend dealing with Richards Audio of St. Albans. First class after sales service.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom