Loewe Aconda - what's it sitting on?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by d4v34, Jan 25, 2002.

1. d4v34

d4v34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    It looks like there's an Aconda-fest going on at the moment so I was wondering what you intend putting it on since the glass stand it's supposed to have is £300+

Ta

2. Barry Bingham

Barry Bingham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I spent £300+ on a stand from Triskom- because the groovy glass item from Loewe does not accommodate the various bits and pieces which have to go under the thing and, imho, is too low for comfortable viewing....

3. d4v34

d4v34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    which one, can you post a link to a piccie.

I know what you mean about it being quite low.

ta

4. Gerry

Gerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have mine on an Alphason Akros AP-GAV88/10 which does nicely as it also fits my center speaker and various components. www.alphasondesigns.com.
    I looked at another stand from StandsUnique(AV10High) which looked really nice but was more expensive and not easily available in Dublin.

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,858
    Got a wide unit from the Co-op real wood veneer, and with a slight mod takes a video, DVD, Sky box, centre speaker, and I still have a draw to put instruction manuals.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.

6. Barry Bingham

Barry Bingham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    d4v34

Go to www.triskom.co.uk

Several will do the job. I went for the PL73. Space is a big issue (don't have much!) Perhaps not enough if you plan to accommodate centre speaker, separate amp etc but fine for me with integrated Denon ADV unit and NXTs. Higher than Loewe stand but one of the lower stands at 500mm- it seems about right for viewing given Aconda's slight up tilt when resting on flat surface. Shelves adjustable and deep enough for hiding stuff to rear of main units- Denon. vcr & Digibox, e.g., video sender, original remotes. Forget the cable tidy to the rear though- just not big enough so I leave the cover off (no-one can see it anyway).. Useful space left in front of set once you've aligned rear (to allow cables to go straight down without strain- its clearly set up for the Loewe horseshoe stand)...

7. dbloor

dbloor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have mine on a soundstlye XS310

http://www.soundstyle.net/XS310BIG.htm

Its big enough to accomodate all kinds of AV junk

Funnily enough I noticed the company has an Aconda sitting on it in the brochure after Id bought mine

D