1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Aconda V Pixel Plus.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Sessen Ryu, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Sessen Ryu

Sessen Ryu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    House of Fraser asking £1,550 for an Aconda inc stand. How does the quality of the picture compare with the Pixel Plus though?

It's impossible to tell given the terrible feed they use in these shops.

Anyone?

2. AV Geeza

AV Geeza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Well, if they are in the same shop and both subject to the same conditions, the tv that has the better picture will probably be better with a good signal.
    I recently looked at the pixel plus range and thought that the image was over processed, not at all natural to my eyes.
    Just IMHO of course!

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    The Loewe's need a really good signal to work at their best I think. I've yet to see a pixel plus set I liked.....

4. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    It compares well with a high end Philips in 100Hz mode to my eyes. However I enjoy the extra resolution and increased foreground/background separation acheived with Pixel+ TVs... see which you prefer when compared with the same DVD. Ultimately only you can decide which picture you prefer :)

5. mij

mij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +610
    I had a Philips 9527 Pixel Plus set, and have recently exchanged it for a Loewe Aventos.

The Philips picture was good with the Pixel Plus switched off (Pixel Plus produced a strange home movie effect with haloing on moving images on my set), but was severely let down by the dirty screen effect on any fast moving scenes and the vertical black bars were too noticable in any dark scenes.

My Loewe has none of the above faults, and produces a beautifull highly detailed picture that has all of the good parts that the Philips had but without the bad bits, the geometry is also the best that I have seen on any make of TV, it isnt a lot worse than my PC Monitor.

For me there is no comparison.

mij

6. Markmw

Markmw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was in the same dilemma. Although I'd seen the Aconda 9381 and loved both the picture and design, I reckoned it was too pricey (£1,900 in JL) and discounted it as just a dream buy.

Had pretty much decided to get the Philips 9617, which was pretty impressive, but as others have mentioned, it has a tendancy to look over processed and slightly un-natural.

However, I then discovered this forum and read through some issues concerning the Pixel Plus tvs (eg not great for sport, esp football, and the vertical bars issue). Couldn't find another picture I liked as much and went back to the Aconda. Hunted around, and got HoF to give me an older 2400 chassis for £1,500 (without stand).

Is it a 9381 or 9281 you're looking at? Either way, at that price plus stand, it's a great buy. I don't regret my choice one iota.

That said, I'd do what rct suggests and compare them using a DVD.

Mark