1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Aconda - the models?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by matt_joel, Nov 19, 2001.

1. matt_joel

matt_joel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the market for a Loewe Aconda and had made my mind up on the standard 9381. However Loewe have just brough out the 9581 (all silver) with integrated dolby digital. I don't need this but thay have brought out a 9281 (again all silver) but does anyone know what the difference is between the 3 models. I was told that the tube in the 9281 was a toshiba tube while th other two had Philips tubes. Would this be a noticable difference?

Thanks

Matt

2. mo

mo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    tosh tube?!!!!!
    no way.its a philips.
    diferance-casing is cheaper,basically along the the lines ins &outs as the vitros but in the shape of the acconda

3. Aus k

Aus k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Matt
    No the good guys at Linn (prestwick) who distribute Loewe in the UK advise it's a philips tube. was going to buy the Tosh 31zp18p, until i stumbled across this site...
    after a huge conversation with the technicians (they even contacted Loewe germany to get an answer and ring ME back (see my post "UK TV travelling to AUS)) i am going to buy an Aconda (the only TV that can work in any country & any hemisphere).

like you, i am confused as to the new models. my understanding is the 9281zw has fewer connections (although these can be added on request) and comes in green and blue casing colours....

try Linn's number for more loewe info 01292 471 552