1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Aconda switches itself off

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by fraserj, Jul 23, 2005.

1. fraserj

fraserj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Can anyone help with this problem. A friend has a Loewe Aconda TV which randomly switches itself off (onto standby) but only when an Scart input is being viewed. Analogue TV through the RF input does not cause the problem.

Obvious checks like changing the Scart source and making off the remote control receiver have been tried but nothing helps. Has anyone heard of this sort of fault at all?

Thanks in advance

Jamie Fraser

2. Ivchenko

Ivchenko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had an issue with my 32" Aconda where after a year or so it would occasionally turn itself to standby, and then when turning it back on, the green light would come on but the red standby light would also stay on and the set would remain in standby mode. It happened infrequently until the point that it always remained in standby (even though i could turn the green light on and off, I effectively could not turnthe TV on). I never associated it with a particular Scart input, but I never watch RF source.

Turned out to be a faulty voltage regulator in the standby circuit, but about 4weeks after I had it replaced, I got the same problems. My engineer found that Loewe supply a PSU upgrade kit which he fitted and (touch wood) I haven't had the problem reoccur. Since Loewe supply an upgrade kit for the power supply unit I suggest it's probably a known issue and I recommend it fitted (about £10 for the kit and an hour-or-so's soldering)

3. fraserj

fraserj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ivchenko, I've passed the info on. It doesn't sound like too arduous a repair.

Jamie