1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

loewe aconda - stopped displaying picture on av input...

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dsb, Mar 5, 2005.

1. dsb

dsb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i recently moved my loewe aconda and unplugged all scarts.
    upon plugging them back in again i have a problem!
    namely, i have my dvd connected to av3 scart with an RGB picture. now however i get sound when i select this input but no picture.

initially i assumed i had no plugged the scart in fully or maybe damaged the socket itself.

i realised this wasnt the problem when i pressed the picture in picture button.
    when i select av3 as both the left and right image, it remains blank on the left, but the picture is there to be seen perfectly on the right! - so it's obviously getting through to the tv -it's just choosing not to display it for some reason.

does anyone know why this might be? - very annoying!

2. crooksm

crooksm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had this before but with my Freeview box. Check the settings on your DVD player and make sure that it is still outputting an RGB signal to your TV. If it isn't then you'll get a blank screen - the PiP feature seems to work OK as it must just accept whatever signal is fed to it. Let me know how you get on.

3. dsb

dsb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks - that did the trick!
    i plugged the scart into the passthrough scart socket on the dvd player instead of the main tv output - switched them back and all is well