1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

loewe aconda - setup help please

Discussion in 'TVs' started by topper, Apr 2, 2004.

1. topper

topper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got the set yesterday as promised by supplier.Looks great and the pictures fantastic.Having a few teething problems though so if anybody can help out i'd be very appreciative.
    I have a panasonic dv55 dvd player hooked up but when i play movies the tv keeps switching the picture size between widescreen and cinema style.Anybody know what i need to do ??

2. crooksm

crooksm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is your DVD set to expect a 16:9 TV? What are the actual modes the TV is switching between - if it's PAN/CINE/ZOOM then maybe the DVD player is not set correctly.

If the DVD player is set up correctly the TV should automatically detect a 16:9 signal and always use the 16:9 mode.

I have a feeling this topic has already been discussed on these boards so try a search.

3. topper

topper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply.
    I've switched the scart socket to av3 so hopefully that may work.Also in the connections setup where it lists the incoming dvd source should i select rgb ??
    My input is via an s video connection from the dvd player to a scart input on the dvd.
    any help appreciated thank you.

4. crooksm

crooksm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah! S-video - I understood that only SCART (and by that I mean 'proper' SCART, i.e. SCART on your DVD player connected to SCART on your TV) carried the aspect-switching information to allow the TV to switch in and out of 16:9 mode as required.

As for the connection settings - I don't use S-Video but I believe you should probably use Y/C (or similarly named settings - I can't remember what they all are from memory).

Groundy is always knowledgable on all things Loewe - hopefully he'll chip in here...

5. topper

topper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers.There's a setting for yc.
    also cvbs,yuv,cvbs/yc and rgb.I'll try yc now.
    S video is the only output available to me on the dvd player.
    when i had my phillips tv it automatically switched to the av source when it was turned on,same for sky and video.Loewe set not doing this yet so maybe i've missed something.

6. crooksm

crooksm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Aconda can be set to switch to AV automatically when the appropriate AV source is turned on. There is an option in the connections setup process called 'Allow AV voltage switching' (or similar). I'm not sure whether or not your connection method will support however but give it a try.

7. topper

topper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    turned this on but made no difference.The only way i can change to sat/dvd/video is by selecting 0 on the remote and then manually selecting.If anybody knows how to do this i'd love to know.

8. Warpaint

Warpaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    One of the problems with the Loewe sets is that they have no direct way to select an AV input.
    If you press OK a list of channels/inputs will pop up. You can then scroll to the desired input.
    Have a look in the PICTURE options: there is a setting called AMD. Switch this off and the TV will no longer automatically change aspect settings.