1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Aconda Setup for DVD

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bugfinder, Apr 2, 2002.

1. bugfinder

bugfinder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Aconda owners... what do you tend to have the processing set to when watching DVD? DMI, DMM or OFF...?

From the on-screen info it says that DMI is for TV and DMM is for movies, but I have noticed strange effects when watching some DVDs in DMM mode - a blurry effect around people when they are moving across the screen, especially when the camera is also panning...

When set to DMI this doesn't happen.

Any views, opinions?

2. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have both processing options OFF...

3. AV Geeza

AV Geeza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have DMM on! It seems to enhance the picture quality on DVD's, kinda makes it more life like. I certainly havent noticed any strange effects while using it.

4. bugfinder

bugfinder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree that DMM generally seems to enhance the picture!

It's just that in some cases it seems to sharpen up moving people/objects while smearing around their edges.

I would also be interested to know what DVD player you guys are using and how you have configured your connections.
    Mine is a now relatively old Sony DVP325. I have connected it with an Ixos Scart using RGB to AV3.

5. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Arcam FMJ DV27 connected with a Chord RGB SCART set to component video, fantastic image...