loewe aconda problem (9381 ZW)

Iancity

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, had the set 2 years and extremely pleased with it, however, it has now decided to act tempermental. The tv set turns itself off after 10-15 mins viewing and both green and red lights come on - it then tries to turn itself on again every minute or so, but goes straight back to no picture and both lights on.
Its under warranty still, but anybody know whatswrong with it/quick fixes.

Cheers

Ian

Iancity said:
Hi, had the set 2 years and extremely pleased with it, however, it has now decided to act tempermental. The tv set turns itself off after 10-15 mins viewing and both green and red lights come on - it then tries to turn itself on again every minute or so, but goes straight back to no picture and both lights on.
Its under warranty still, but anybody know whatswrong with it/quick fixes.

Cheers

Ian

The set is tripping out due to the over-volts or over-current protection circuit kicking in caused by a faulty component or even a dry joint.....no quick diy fixes I'm afraid.
You will just have to call in the warranty.

Mine's just come back from the menders after a similar fault. It was all down to a dry joint in the power supply. Loewe also got them to fit some kind of safety protection feature too.

Mine's just under three years old...looks like there was a bit of a slacker on the production line back in 2002/3 !

Thanks for the replies - do you think this could be an intermittent fault - I only ask because the tv has been on all day now with no probs!
Will still get the set seen to mind, Lester, how long was yours away for, or was it able to be fixed at home ??

Cheers

Ian

If it's the same fault as mine it's not a big job, but can't imagine they won't take it away to have a look at it.

Mine was away for 16 depressing, painful, turgid days. I'd imagine most of that was spent simply sat on a workbench waiting to be looked at...and the actual fault was diagnosed and fixed on the fifteenth day !

i had same problem - tv would turn itself off and both red and green lights would come on but tv wouldn't turn on. it was only occasional at first but got to the point where i couldn't turn the tv on at all. turned out to be a faulty voltage regulator on the standby circuit, but i started getting the same problems only four weeks since replacing it.

apparently loewe do a psu upgrade kit (known problem?) with lots of replacement bits for the power board - mine was out of warranty so got a tv-engineer friend to solder in the bits over the course of an hour or two and touch wood i haven't had the problem since.

I had the same problem with my loewe xelos, turned out to be a faulty psu, cost about £100 to fix.

Regards
JOHNNY

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom