1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Aconda Picture Processing Modes - Advice Please

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bounce, Feb 18, 2005.

1. bounce

bounce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hi,
    I'm a new member to the fourms but have been lurking for a while :) . Well impressed by the knowledge of the people on here so I thought I''d ask for some advice.

I recently purchased a Loewe Aconda 9381 and am really confused over the processing modes. The manual is a bit scant about most things (as other Loewe owners probably know) as it relies on the on-screen help.

The question: When do I use DMI, when do I use DMM and when do I use no processing? I watch terrestial TV, Digital Cable (Telewest) and DVDs. I presume that different processing modes produce better results with certain inputs?

If it helps, system setup is as follows:

TV Ariel on RF input.
    Old Sony VCR on AV1.
    Telewest Digital Cable on AV2 (RGB via AV21 Squart).
    Sony F25 DVD Player on AV3 (Component via AV29 Cable).

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,022
    My Aconda is not at hand at the moment but from the man I go to for advice on the Aconda.

3. Lester

Lester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I don't bother with DMM on any sources. It can smooth out motion (camera pans, for example) but I've found it introduces "shimmering" around some moving objects. What the Loewe giveth, the Loewe taketh away.

I leave DMI on all the time. It stops the screen "jumping" when, for example, changing the aspect ratio or accessing split-screen and teletext. Also, menus seem to "tremble" with DMI off. Can't see that it does any harm to the picture and it also smooths out scrolling text.

I also have DNR off.