1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Aconda or Sony KV32-FQ75

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by matt_joel, Oct 17, 2001.

1. matt_joel

matt_joel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm currently looking to change my Panasonic 28 widescreen for a 32. Can anyone recommend either of these two tvs or know any bad points about either of them before I go and spend my hard earned cash>

[ 17-10-2001: Message edited by: Mat ]

2. gary.

gary.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.
    I have a Aconda.Awesome.
    Do you watch R1 dvds?
    The Aconda can Progscan Ntsc material,
    this makes a big difference in picture
    quality.
    I think loewe are releasing a new set
    soon,if you can wait.
    Gary

3. matt_joel

matt_joel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    CHeers Gary.
    Yep, I mainly watch region 1 dvds. Do you know much about the new Loewe or where I might be able to find out about it?

4. gary.

gary.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mat.
    Sorry but I have no info on the
    new set.I read it on this forum.
    You could try giving Linn a phone.
    good luck
    gary

5. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Loewe Vitros has the same inside as the Aconda, and it is cheaper. If you like the looks, you can save some money...

You need to connect them via component video to use Proscan...

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,044
    Hi Mat
    Get a Loewe if you can afford one. It has the best picture I have ever seen, and has more feature than I have time on the Internet this month to write down. The only thing I wish it had was a stretch mode that made a normal 4:3 picture fill the screen like I had on an old Philips of mine. But as lot of programs are now in W/S or 14:9 this becomes a mote point.
    Just three quick features 1 Picture in Picture (and on teletext), 2 No permanent mute symbol, 3 Full screen picture freeze.

Did I mention the brilliant picture?

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.

7. matt_joel

matt_joel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers everyone, I think my mind is made up! A Loewe it is. Just out of interest, which AV input allows the proscan?
    Thanks
    Matt

8. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Matt component does the fancy with NTSC! As for the new un it looks great with lots of inputs etc. But is a lot of cash, not to mention the rediculous price for a glass rack stand - €500 = £375 :eek: ouch.

I'd just like to ask the Loewe owners if the sets are a bit soft on picture as the reviewers suggest? I'm asking you guys cause some reviewers of late seem to be talking from a downward sphinctor region of late with huge conflicts to owners reports, whom I'd choose to go with.
    Plus I quite like the idea of investing myself in one. I wonder how much better the new Aconda is? ;)

9. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Matt

you will enjoy the Aconda, it is a great TV. Have you thought of adding the VGA board, it allows all sorts of interesting options re computers etc. Opens a whole range of new options up and really shows this TV off to the full.

10. Gerry

Gerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Have just been looking as WS t.v.'s today. Went into the store with a Panasonic 32FG50 in mind but when I saw the Loewe, WOW! It was a Loewe Vitros and the picture was way better than all the other ws t.v.'s, sony, philips, panny, jvc. The picture quality on the loewe from Sky Digital was nearly as good as the DVD reception on the other t.v.'s. I did not read the review mentioned but if I could I would get the loewe. Mind you it was £2,500(Irish punts) and yes another £450 for the stand. BTW did not get the panny, picture was not the best at all.

11. matt_joel

matt_joel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have just been reading What HiFi and the Sevenoaks S&V ad details the new Loewe Aconda Family. I thought the old Aconda looked pretty good but they have ditched the black front panel now and made it silver...looks the business even more now. Does anyone know what exactly the VGA option adds to the set?
    Thanks

Matt

[ 21-10-2001: Message edited by: Mat ]

12. Gerry

Gerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    The VGA option allows you to hook up a computer to your set using the t.v. screen as a p.c. monitor.

13. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Aconda 9581 new tv details can be found at
    I saw it on the loewe.de site and it looks the biz. The only real dif from the 9381 appears to be "Full digitized signal processing 8 bits" so hopes of even stronger Sky/dvd viewing!? The word digitized does send bit (!) of a shiver these days when in conjunction with tv's processing properties though...
    And as Matt pointed out no black chassis.
    full translated addy is http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.loewe.de/cda/products/daten/1,2295,ge-de-tv3-887-986,00.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.loewe.de/cda/products/date n/1,2295,ge-de-tv3-887-986,00.html%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

It's on empiredirect.co.uk for £1850 inc del
    but a further £312 for glass stand