Loewe Aconda or Articos - anyone selling ?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by helikopter, Jul 18, 2005.

1. helikopter

helikopter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone selling either Loewe Articos or Loewe Aconda 32 " - must be black ( or Basalt or High Gloss Anthracite - or whatever it is Loewe call black ).

Needs to be in mint condition :)

Cheers

M.H

2. sotosound

sotosound
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As you might see from another thread, it is possibly worth asking Empire Direct, who last week had a couple in their warehouse that have been showing as Stratos Metallic on their system.

3. helikopter

helikopter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for info - i tried empire direct last week and they said they only had silver ones - will try again and ask them to have a proper look for me.

Cheers
    M.H

4. helikopter

helikopter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    aha - just found your post on these tv's - strange that they said they only had silver in stock.
    Their site says the Stratos is £599 - if this is the high gloss black it is what i am after and they said they might not even be able to order me one in that colour anymore.
    Shall ring them tomorrow to clarify.

5. sotosound

sotosound
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also check out Audio T's website. They have one at their Enfield branch that's a relatively new ex-demonstrator.

When I was on the hunt for an Aconda I spoke to the branch and they confirmed its colour and the fact that it has a hard drive included. It's a lot more cash at £1095 but you will at least know that it works properly and that you have the backing of an excellent retailer.

6. helikopter

helikopter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again for info . Called Empiredirect - very interesting. Told me they had none in black but had one in stratos - after reading your post i called their bluff and said i would order it ( at £599 ) . They said they would check the warehouse and called back saying they only had one and couldnt sell it as it was a demonstration model ! This was after telling me the model was discontinued and they were no longer available . Hmm - so what is the point in keeping a tv for demonstration if they can't even get them ? why not just sell it to me ? . They said they would check again and call me back - still waiting .

Phoned them again ( different operator ) and they told me they had one in black but it was listed at £1200 - asked if i could order it - they checked the warehouse and said that they didn't have one after all but they had a stratos one for only £599 !

Very incorrect if you ask me .