1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Aconda Manual

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Mr_P, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Mr_P

Mr_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    I've managed to find an american version of the Aconda manual.

http://www.loewetv.com/pdf/manual1.pdf

Could anyone verify that the features mentioned in the above manual are common with the uk specced model?

I notice that vga/rgb mode does indeed have a geometry menu once the tv detects that source is being used as input:

width, height, vertical and horizontal position.

IS THIS THE SAME FOR THE UK MODEL WHEN CONNECTING A PS2, X BOX OR DVD USING AN RGB SCART?

Please can someone verify that the 9381(Q2500) or the Articos TV does indeed gave a geometry menu for RGB sources. This is very important as I need to be able to re-size the screen when using my ps2 or x box.

Also for anyone else considering a Loewe, this pdf file may prove useful reading....

2. stretcher

stretcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The Aconda I have is the 2500 version 2.6 software - the manual describes the VGA connection to be an optional upgrade to the set. I can't find any refernce in the manual or the instructions on board the TV itself for adjusting the geometry as described in the American pdf file you found. Maybe you can if you get the upgrade? Or maybe I'm missing something!!

3. Mr_P

Mr_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    stretcher,

does your version have a vertical adjustement for the picture in the normal menu?

The 2400 model I was looking at allowed you to adjust the screen up and down. Is this the same for the 2500?

Do you have a PS2? If you do, when you connect it, is the screen over to the left? Every tv I have connected my ps2 to has required the rgb geometry to be adjusted! Or does the Loewe models automatically adjust?

I can get a 9381 in silver for £1590, an Articos for £1895. Still need more to do more research to finally decide!

4. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

The Aconda does have Vertical Adjustment of any source through the standard Picture Menu.

Yes

The RGB shift is a common problem on most TV's. I haven't tried the PS2 on my Aconda as I sold it before I got the TV. I have tried my Gamecube on it via VGA (lovely Progressive Scan :)), RGB Scart and Component Scart. There was no left shift present on any input.

I have the VGA board installed and it has an extensive geometry menu of it's own to allow you to adjust V Amp/Position, H Amp/Position as well as Pin Cushion and Trapezium controls etc. However, these parameters can only be adjusted on the VGA input - not RGB Scart. For that, you can go into the service menu and access all of the above controls. It's a simple process.