Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Loewe Aconda HDR+

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Dagwood, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Dagwood

Dagwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've posted this on the DVD recorder site with no replies so far so thought I'd try here as well.
    Just bought an Aconda HDR+ with integrated hard drive for recording Tv. The manual says you can archive to VCR or a DVD burner. The menu only allows a VCR to be selected--any thoughts on how you might burn to an external DVD writer? There are several output terminals but I'm not sure what to do :

2. Shin Gouki

Shin Gouki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does your TV have progressive scan?

3. Donos

Donos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have Articos HD/DR+ and have configured "AV connections" to think it has the following SCART-connected devices :- AV1 = VCR ... AV2 = DVDR ... AV3 = DVD.

In reality, I have not connected a device to AV2 yet (still saving up to buy a HDD/DVDR unit) ... but having configured TV as above, HD/DR+ menu allows me to choose to record to one of three destinations :- Internal HD, external VCR, external DVDR.

As I said, I've yet to buy and then attach an external HDD/DVDR unit to AV2 to prove all works as expected ... but at least the menu options give me the choices I was expecting.

4. Jack Bowyer

Jack Bowyer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You use AV3 scart but make sure you have it assigned in connections under "DVD recorder" or else none of the features will work

5. Dagwood

Dagwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Donos: I followed your suggestion and guess what --I have DVD burning capability as you described! :thumbsup:
    Now to connect up to an external DVD writer or my PC? Anybody any thoughts on the best solution ?

Shin: Thanks for the reply--I'm not sure if it has that capability

Jack Bowyer: Thanks for following up--the wizard in the Loewe assigns the DVDR to AV 2 so I guess that's the one it will be.

6. Donos

Donos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I understand it, the Aconda's AV Scart sockets are your only option for external record / copy (from internal HD) operations. This would suggest that if you plan to use external device with non-Scart connection you will need an appropriate Scart converter / adaptor cable.

Nor sure what interface your DVD writer or PC supports, but suggest you start looking somewhere like Keene electronics catalogue (www.keene.co.uk) for Scart-to-ANother adaptor to match your external device.