1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Aconda, Denon DVD2800 & Component Connection

Discussion in 'TVs' started by eddietosh, Apr 6, 2002.

1. eddietosh

eddietosh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm fairly new to this and have found this forum extremely useful so far but I can't find a solution to my current problem.

The denon 2800 has component outputs and I know the aconda can accept component via. AV3. Having checked on this forum I've got a profigold PGV372 cable which is a 3 RCA to scart wired correctly for this connection.

I've got the aconda setup for YUV (Sync from Y) but I'm still not getting a proper picture. With the denon set to interlaced I get nothing at all (just the "No Signal" message"), with it set to Progressive I randomly get no picture at all, or a double image of the picture - one on one half of the screen and a duplicate on the other half of the screen - (a bit like the picture-in-picture mode that you can set). Even this flickers alot.

Is this a sync problem? I'm fairly sure that the Denon outputs sync via Y.

I've tried R1 and R2 discs which don't seem to make any difference and all sorts of combination of setting the DVD and TV on PAL, NTSC, Automatic, etc.

I'm beginning to wonder if either the TV or DVD are bust but would welcome any suggestions.

Thanks for any input,

eddie

2. eddietosh

eddietosh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Thankyou to everyone for your suggestions!

Anyway, eventually sorted with the help of my local Rayleigh Hifi shop. It appears that when the video mode of AV1 on the denon (the scart socket) is set to RGB it seems to disable the component outputs. The double screen was caused by the denon being set to prog scan mode.

To summarise - Set the Denon AV1 to either Video or S-Video and set it to Interlaced - simple really although why RGB mode disables the component outputs is a bit baffling - perhaps someone can enlighten me. Now i've got it working I'm very impressed with the picture using a ProfileGold PGV372 cable and I'm glad I persevered.

eddie