Loewe Aconda dead query

helikopter

Standard Member
Reaction score
Searched the forums and this appears to be common with Aconda sets - turn tv on, electrical fizzzzing noise for 3 seconds, turns itself to standby, burning smell - nice.

Seems to be the transformer or power supply ( according to the threads ) costs from £100 - £125 to rectify .

Question is are the parts needed Loewe specific or generic universal parts ??

Would any tv repair man be capable or would they have to be loewe approved ?

Cheers

Hi

If it is a simple fault then most TV repair shops should be ok.

But having said that, I do not think there will be many specific repair agents around.

Nigel

Helikopter,
To the best of my knowledge, Loewe manufactured some of their Aconda's in America for the American market. There was a big issue with the Internal PSU / Voltage converter and this caused problems for quite a few people.

I saw a review site (forgot which one) where people posted their reviews and many people complained of this issue of the American-manufactured Aconda.

This issue may be related to yours perhaps.

Just some info for you.

Dan.

Thanks Dan

Does seem to be uncomfortably common for a £1900 t.v.

Have read of many problems with either power supply/transformer/regulator or something called eht ?

The American thing makes sense to me .

I have to get this t.v. fixed though - it's damn gorgeous even when its switched off !

I presume that the majority of the innards will be standard Philips so hopefully a repair isn't out of the question.

This happened to mine (9381 Aconda) about two months ago.
Nearly swapped it out for an LCD or Plasma but the gf reminded me that it was only 2'ish years old and 2k.

Cost about £150 with the local TV repair place and they came and picked it up/delivered it back again.

Exactly the same problem turn on fizzing noise, turns itself off.

Fieldl - is everything ok now post repair ?

What did they replace - can you recall ?

No strange cracking noises or the likes ??

Have read of those side affects but can't remember where.

Nope everything is fine since it has been repaired. No issues at all it's as good as new.
They changed a power board or similar IIRC. Might have the receipt about somewhere will see if I can dig it out.

Friend had a similiar issue I believe. And yes it is a damn good set.
Think he got it down in David Aulton's in Hitchin about 40 miles north of london.

Price about £130 if I remember rightly, though he did take the set in (only down the road from him).

Been working sweet since.

It was the flyback transformer (??) that I had replaced.

helipkopter - Have you sorted it ?

fieldl - it's going in for repair in the morning and i am going to Florida for three weeks on Saturday . Hopefully i'll come back to a belting new Aconda. I can't contemplate any other tv yet - especially a plasma or god forbid an lcd !

Have written the the information from you on a post it and stuck it to the telly for the engineers !

Let you know in three weeks !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom