1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Aconda 'crash'

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ianbe, May 13, 2002.

1. ianbe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I've had my Aconda (9381) for about six weeks now and it hadn't put a foot out of place - until last night.

Suddenly, whilst watching BBC1 the picture just went completely ape. It was as though it had completely lost sync - the picture was still vaguely there but it was as though it had been totally torn to shreds and was all over the place. I tried changing channels, calling up menus, accessing teletext, but all to no avail. My trusted old Sony portable was checked at this point, just to make sure that it wasn't a transmitter problem. Sure enough the Sony was fine.

Eventually I gave up, turned the set off and back on again and everything was fine again.

Rather scary I thought. I haven't a clue what happened, but whatever entered the tuner at that particular moment, had a pretty devastating effect on some bit of hardware or software.

I really do hope that this is not a sign of things to come. It's bad enough having to reboot my PC when using Office without having the TV join the club aswell.

Does anyone else have any similar experiences they'd care to share.