1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Aconda and xbox.

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by dAvE6, Mar 1, 2002.

1. dAvE6

dAvE6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm actually considering buying this tv if it allows a proper componant input from xbox. Will it display a true progressive scan image? This is one area of home cinema that i'm not very clear on. I'm aware that the tv has a componant socket, and xbox outputs progressive scan. But that is about it.

Can anyone share their thoughts? Thanks.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Toshiba 36" widescreen that also has component video inputs, although it does not have progressive scan on the TV.

My understanding is that you don't have to have progressive scan at both ends (i.e DVD and TV) but your TV does have to have component video input and support certain refresh rates. There is a good explanation of progressive scan at the following:

http://www.whatvideotv.com/articles/index.html

Here is the problem, though. Microsoft do not supply the AV connector (officially) with component video outputs for the UK Xbox. This may change, but my concern is that due to the low useage of component video in the UK (other than on projectors and high-end kit) this means the UK Xbox does not support this sort of output properly from a hardware point of view. I don't know this for certain - and you can get imported AV cables from the US.

Other threads in this group are testing the outputs for a UK Xbox at the moment, so we shall see.

I use component video for connecting my Playstation 2 at the moment, and the picture quality is great so I would like to go this way for the Xbox as well.

Cheers,

JonathanN

3. oreoboy13

oreoboy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    may i ask where you bought your component lead for your PS2

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. tk2001

tk2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Jonathan, I own a Toshiba RP TV and it only has one component input which is used for the Gamecube.

Is there device/component swich box I can get which allows me to extend my component input to more than just one? - given me the option of pluging my Xbox and DVD player to the TV via component cables.

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've been looking for the same thing, but without much luck. You can get AV Switchboxes (one called the Quattro+ for about £80) which support multiple RGB scart inputs but I have not seen the same for component input. It won't give you component input but will support multiple RGB.

I have the same problem as you and if I get any info I'll post details.

FYI I've checked on my Tosh TV and I have to say that component is not that different to RGB scart. Plus, I think there is some confusion about what is happening in the UK with the Xbox and component for PAL users.