Loewe aconda 9381

T

topper

Hi all,new to the site but glad i found it.

My phillips 32pw9631 has recently been condemned beyond repair and i've had to seek an alternative.Was originally going to go for the panasonic pd30 or phillips 9618,either 32 or 36 inch.
However rightly or wrongly i got put off by the uncharitable reviews,but whilst searching the forums i noticed that loewe sets seem to get very favourable ones.The upshot is that i've rowed in with a loewe aconda and c30 rack for £1300.
Being delivered thursday from tv and video direct who've been very helpful.
Any comments appreciated as i hope i've done the right thing,also if anybody has any setup tips i should be aware of i'd love to hear them.
thanks in advance.

I have the 9381 - can't say enough good things about it.

First thing I would do is to set the picture processing mode from DMM to DMI otherwise everything filmed looks like it was filmed on a home camcorder! Too smooth...

Thank you.
I'll give it a go and see if it makes a difference.
Do you or anybody else know of the best setup and connection for my dvd home cinema player (pioneer nsdv55).Or failing this does anyone have any advice on the subject please ??

No - other than making sure to connect it via, if memory serves, AV1 or AV3. AV2 doesn't support RGB...

This may seem like a daft question...but am i right in thinking that it is impossible to place a centre speaker on top of this TV because of how much it slopes away at the back?

I'll be interested to know the answer as well cause i need to put the centre speaker somewhere !! panic...................

Maybe - it is a fair slope. I'm not familiar with your stand - maybe you could put the speaker directly under the TV. I think it'd spoil the lines of the TV otherwise...

Originally posted by scrapbook
This may seem like a daft question...but am i right in thinking that it is impossible to place a centre speaker on top of this TV because of how much it slopes away at the back?

You're right, the top of the Aconda is steeply angled and placing a centre speaker on top of it is impossible.

As Crooksm says, you will be limited to placing the centre speaker below the tv if your stand permits, or if that isn't possible you may have to consider placing the centre speaker on a shelf or bracket just above the tv.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom