1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Aconda 9381 ZW (subtitles issue)

Discussion in 'TVs' started by datomasz, Apr 29, 2003.

1. datomasz

datomasz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I've jus bought Loewe Aconda 9381 ZW (Q2500/H-software v3.2) and I've experienced some problems with subtitles (in the UK - teletext page no 888 for all five basic channels).
    Using main menu You can configure 4 function buttons on Your remote to trigger one of many available functions in Your TV.
    I assigned "Subtitles" function to ie. a blue one and it works fine - if I I press it when I watch some movie on BBC1 all dialogs appear at the bottom of the screen. And now: if I want to change the channel or call out main or other menu the tv switches itself off and is blocked. The red led on the front pannel blinks every 10 secs and the only way to turn the tv back on is to use power on/off swicth. Everything works fine if I switch subtitles off before I change a channel or any menu.

I know that not many people around use subtitles but I must do it. Has anyone got some experience with my problem or if not can anyone who has this tv try it out just to find out whether this is a software failure or just my tv set doesn't work properly.

Cheers, Darek.

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sounds like you have a real problem there. The blinking red light would indicate a fault. Give Loewe Technical a call (number in back of manual) as they are very good and will be able to explain more.

3. datomasz

datomasz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I called the retailer who liaised with Loewe and decided to relpace my set. Official answer I got was the software bug. The new set arrived with v3.5 and works fine.
    Thanks for advice Groundy.
    Cheers, Darek.