1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Aconda 9281ZW Question

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by mlinhares, Jun 4, 2002.

1. mlinhares

mlinhares
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm considering this model (Aconda 9281 ZW). I read the previous threads and have a few questions?

1) How can you tell the 2400 chassis from the 2500 apart (from the point of view of an ignorant, me)?

2) How can you tell if it has a Tosh or a Philips tube?

3) My dealer offered 10% discount from an ex-demo model, is this discount normal, or normally ex-demo units get better or worse discounts (in your buying experience, I never bought an ex-demo unit)?

Thanks

2. mlinhares

mlinhares
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just another question.
    Anyone knows where can I download Loewe operating manuals? I have tried loewe site but couldn't find it.

Thanks again.

3. jasonlgriffin

jasonlgriffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have a Loewe but I'm looking into getting one at the moment so I'll try and answer the questions:

1) Not sure but I think you can get it to display some info in one of the menus

2) Centre markings at side of picture area (1 dot either side half way down). Also an article number (?): Article 62: Tosh; Article 72: Philips.

3) No idea - what warranty is being offered and in what condition is it? Personally you can probably get around 25% off RRP by shopping on-line or getting HoF or JL to do a price match! Robert Whyte in Glasgow do the 9281 for around £1286+delivery I think. But if the demo unit has a Philips tube then maybe it is worth it (?).

Manuals at (this page was down last week but is now back up):
    http://www.loewe.de/cda/products/pdfDownload/0,2605,ge-en-no3-2346,00.html or under Products/Accessories/Instruction Manuals.

Note: Conflicting info from Loewe web site, manuals and brochure!

4. mlinhares

mlinhares
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the info.
    Both stores that I was looking at have 62 Aconda (Toshiba) and 2400 chassis.:(
    Does anyone know what brand of tube is inside the Vitros?

5. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +370
    ( I bought my Vitros about 6 months ago) I was told that the original 6381ZW Vitros's all had Phillips tubes - looking at the back of mine now - the article number of the serial number is A26 - so now I'm not so sure. If I find out that it is a Toshiba tube rather than a Phillips one I will be demanding a refund as I wouldn't have got what I paid for ....

Saying that - my Vitros does not have any centre markings.

Will be calling Loewe on Monday morning.

Buckster.

6. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

Select the "i" button on the remote then select the "Technical spec. of this TV" option. This will bring up the Chassis Number and type, i.e., Q2500/H for the 2500 High chassis.

As Jason says, you can determine this from the serial number and the fact that the Tosh tubes should all have the calibration markings on the left & right hand side. These are only noticable on scenes with brightly lit bakgrounds.

As for the Vitros, as far as I know, this model has always used a Philips tube. Certainly the Q2400 did anyway.

10% on ex-demo isn't great if he's charging the the full RRP in the first place.You can quite easily find 10% of new models if you shop around. There are some things I would buy ex-demo and some things I would not. A TV is something I would not simply because it might have been switched on continuously for a long time at it's factory set contrast levels etc. (which are too high). This is just me though. :)