1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Aconda 32" 9381 £600

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by AndyFov, Jul 13, 2005.

1. AndyFov

AndyFov

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
  2. sotosound

sotosound
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, but I tried to buy one a few days ago, just as I had when the 9381 was advertised at a higher price a couple of weeks before that.

The truth is that Empire Direct have none in stock in Stratos Metallic. Twice I got them to do a physical stock check (as I do whenever a company is down to it's last few units of a discontinued item) and twice they subsequently rang me back to say that they had none.

In fact, the second physical check revealed that what they have is stock in Gloss Black, but that's not what their advert says.

So what we can work out is that Empire Direct don't update their stock figures after a physical stock check. Instead they reduce the price and readvertise something that they can't sell, and also fail to advertise what they can sell. I imagine that the black Acondas will be around for a while yet.

I ended up buying a brand new Aconda C32 from TV And Video Direct. This is due for delivery in the next week or two. Let's see what it's like....