1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Acconda

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Tracey, Jun 13, 2001.

1. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've pretty much decided on buying a Loewe Acconda, BUT there is one thing that is bugging me, I think the tv with the matching stand, looks really nice but I've got a Mission 78C that needs to go somewhere, if you've seen the stand for the Acconda, you can't put a centre speaker underneath the tv so it will have to go on top, I know there are special brackets that you can buy to fid the centre speaker on top of the tv but would this look ok, I'm worried that it will spoil the appearance of the tv that I'll be spending my hard earned cash on. I suppose the 78C is one of the less obtrusive centre speakers around and mine is in balck so I'm hoping it won't look too bad, unless anyone knows how I can fix it to the stand underneath the tv.

Any ideas?

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,207
    Have same TV myself. The TV I had before had a flat top, on which I had a ornament on top. I had considered fixing something so I still could have it on top of my Acconda, on trying it temporary the words The Lily and Gilding came to mind, the set look good on its own (mines black).
    From what I recall the stand is glass, can the shelf be adjusted to different levels to accommodate you speaker? If not have you considered a TV and video stand, from a furniture firm? As you may eventually get quite a bit of equipment.
    Hope you enjoy you new TV when you get it.
    ;)

3. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I must admit I don't know if the glass shelf can be adjusted or not but I was told by someone in RAyleigh hi-fi that the best thing would be to use a centre speaker bracket and he assured me that it looks ok. I'm considering getting a back Acconda, but I haven't seen one on display yet, only silver.

thanks for your help anyway :)

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    OK, I have a solution....well actually one of our customers has the solution.

We sold a chap an Aconda with glass stand and when I went round to install his TAG Pre-amp upgrade software I found that he'd managed to get his centre on that shelf....

The glass shelf hangs off the top plate of the stand on long threaded standoffs. This customer found some stand offs with the same thread size and used them to extend the drop to allow placement of the speaker...

You'll probably find similar stand offs in an electrical spare parts shop or hardware store. Try Maplins or RS.

All the best,

Gordon

5. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
  6. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tracey,

How about getting the Aconda without the stand and having a look at some third part A/V racks - for example:

Optimum AV Rack
    Soundstyle AV Rack
    Apollo HiFi Furniture

Not quite as well matched with the telly, but ample room for a centre speaker, DVD\vcr, console, etc.

cheers

Jim

7. Relay

Relay
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I considered the Aconda before settling on the Pana PG50. I recall seeing in the (Loewe brochure I think) that you can buy an additional shelf for the glass stand.

8. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,207
    The High Gloss Black Aconda finish its like what you see on the more expensive finished speakers, they call it piano black. It is a little different from the other finishes; the silver, red and blue are metallic. The only bad thing is that I have seen it sold for more than the other finishes in some shops. Silver is more fashionable and seems the most popular especially with the reviewers. Does your dealer have a swatch?
    The picture is great no matter what the colour of surround.
    :cool:

9. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for all the help, I think I can handle having it on top but Gordon that sounds like a very good idea, I'm not too good at tampering with those types of things but I'm sure my other half will do it for me he's quite handy like that!

I don't suppose anyone knows how much room there is in mm between the shelf and the top of the stand?

Tracey :confused:

10. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just realised that sounded a bit rude, it wasn't meant to, I was referring to having my centre speaker on top of the tv!!!

Tracey :D