1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe Acconda 9381

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by GarethW, Jun 2, 2005.

1. GarethW

GarethW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I've recently bought one of these as an ex-rental (no comments please - short term thing).

Anyway, the TV keeps selecting different aspect ratios.

When on a Freeview box via Scart, it changes presumably when told to by the widescreen line. and when not, it drops back down to 4:3.

When the Scart is disconnected (ie via UHF) the settings are 4:3. If I go into the Picture menu and change it to 16:3 it doesn't save this as the default. If I switch channels it changes to 4:3 and if I go back to the original channel it is also 4:3. Very annoying. Is there a way of setting 16:9 as the default and it saving it?

I've tried switching off all of the modes in the menu - DMM etc, to no avail.

Any ideas?

Help

Gareth

2. Lester

Lester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Check to see if the aspect ratio is assigned to any of the coloured Fastext buttons on the bottom of the remote. If not, you can do this from one of the menus (can't remember which...not currently in front of the telly).

By pressing this it brings up a quick access to the aspect ratios (16:9;4:3;Pan;Cine;Zoom). When you select one it will remember this for all subsequent channels....but make sure that whilst the little banner is on screen you don't change channels or it defaults to the previous selection (!) so wait for it to vanish.

When watching via scart it'll auto-detect widescreen channels, then on non-widescreen ones it will default to the last selected ratio as described above.

Hope that gets you moving....

3. GarethW

GarethW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Lester, will give it a try tonight. In parallel, the guy that I bought it from is getting the service codes from Loewe to try and set it there. One of these should sort it out.

Gareth