1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe A32 hdmi socket / Scart cable

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by s3marc, May 25, 2005.

1. s3marc

s3marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Looks like one of these is heading my way, and I want to order in a dvd player and digital cable

What type of hdmi cable would I need to connect this tv to a Samsung HD850

Any recommendations of good quality cables / competitive and realistic price (i.e under £40)

also any recommendations for scart cable running rgb from sky+ to tv.

TIA

Marc (A VERY happy man :) )

2. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    If you are not running a great distance, say under 2-3m, don't go overboard with the HDMI cable, other than making sure it is certified HDMI rather than being made out of 'spare parts'. Always best to buy from somewhere that will give a refund if it doesn't work as expected.

I think your budget for a scart is reasonable - my preference now having used other types of their cabling would be for QED at the upper end or techlink (?) at the lower end of your budget range. I use a reasonable but unbranded scart lead and it could probably be bettered in a side by side comparison, but works just fine for everyday use so I am not going to justify £50 to upgrade it. Just make sure that it is of good build quality so it doesn't fall apart - on this note, I would not recommend IXOS as the cable that I had broke (S-video to Scart) because it was too stiff and fractured when I gave it a 'bit of abuse' putting it in a tight spot.

-Ian

3. s3marc

s3marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks Ian,

Any online suppliers you would recommend/used?

Marc

4. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I've only once been organised enough to know what cable I was short of before actually needing it so I don't have much experience of online - Cheshire Audio - excellent service/price on the one time that bought cables online. But my HDMI->DVI-D cable (the Xelos SL is DVI-I not HDMI) was a punt on ebay for £20 when £50 for such a cable was deemed cheap. I thought about a more expensive one but the guy on the QED stand at the Bristol show said a more expensive one would be no better at the 2m length I needed. I think these things are pretty common at this sort of price now.