1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe 40"

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by beowulf, Jun 19, 2002.

1. beowulf

beowulf
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Anyone got any info on it ?

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It's more or less the same as the Aconda 32" minus the flatscreen. Same spec and great picture quality but have you actually seen one up close? It's absolutely MASSIVE. Seriously, you would not believe how big this TV looks. You would be talking "doors off hinges" to even get this thing in the house and that's only if you're lucky. Unlike a Rear Pro, the Loewe 40" has considerable bulk to the rear. I bet it's killed many a delivery guy :D.

3. beowulf

beowulf
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    The bulbous tube puts me off.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a Demo of this 40" Beast about a week ago, it has a whole raft of features and is the easiest TV that I have ever used, a 5 year old could grasp the remote in 5 minutes flat.

the picture is really very good, and so are the Picture in Picture features,
    the Downside is the curved screen, it really has the biggest curve of the screen that I have ever seen,

and that is basically what put me off it, as it makes it Look very old fashioned in my opinion.

however the great picture and features and ease of use, really make it a good package, as groundy also said, its rather big. but that would not be a problem for me. but the curved screen is what finally put me off and go back to plan 1,
    (Plasma) still dithering about that at the moment, cant make my mind up to buy now or wait and see what the next batch of Plasma,s bring, in a few weeks.

5. beowulf

beowulf
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Mmm..

As I probably posted earlier the lady of the house wants something cool & stylish and unfortunately the ONLY plasma I found fitting that description is the B&O Beo 5.

Great , except its £13K !

Yes £13K!

How on earth can it be justified?

I really like it - but NOT that much!

The Loewe looked promising until I heard all the comments...

oh well.

6. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have you considered a Loewe Aconda 32"? It's an excellent set (I have one myself) but maybe you're looking for something bigger?

7. beowulf

beowulf
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Well , I looked at the avant 32 dvd and was very impressed. It was £8k less !

So , I'll probably go for that.

Size is important BUT £13K..!

You can get an entire a/v system for that and still have enough for a holiday !

CRAZY !