1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

loewe 40'....& articos

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mo, Jan 28, 2002.

1. mo

mo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    i went to see the loewe 40'& fell in love with something else.
    the 40' is a fine tv and sits very well and the performance is very good considering the size.
    the source of the picture came from two things-a linn dvd player &a loewe dvd player.
    the linn machine was spectacular and it brought the very best out of the 40'. everything,the colours,definition all of it ,it was so in your face,it makes 36'tv's from manufactures look cheap.
    the linn looks certainly worth its £2000.
    the loewe dvd made the 40' more down to earth.
    the picture still looks better than the 36' in most departments & with no geomtry problems.its down to make your judgements.

theres a new 'player' in town and its called the 'articos'
    the all new 32' tv from loewe is world class.
    it looks the business and displays a picture yet to be shown by any other tv.
    if you the 9381/9581 was good then get ready for this.
    it shows better everything and the sounds better too!
    its looks equally good switched off.
    its priced @£2500 and the stand is £1000 because its motorised and the shelves are actually drawers it makes for a lovely piece of furniture in its own right.
    for those who can afford it it comes with a 3 yrs warranty as standard, forget the acconda and get this.
    you can get it discounted @£2000 and under.the stand isn't necessary.
    believe me theres a new king of tv's now,and its called the 'articos'

2. AV Geeza

AV Geeza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Better than the Aconda :eek: You have now put the cat amongst the pigeons!
    So where can one view the Articos & whos selling them discounted?!!!

3. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Not to get all Cartman, but God damn it!!!!
    I've been floating around an Aconda buy or not, size (32/40), and then read the DLP sets coming out 1/3 Q, and now this arrives. And I've been assimilating with the Japonese with the, ooh let's wait and see how the market runs before purchasing cause things are getting good for saving then making a killing, but NEVER sodding buying.
    So, where can you get/see these!?
    Sponsored by team Valium.

4. priesh

priesh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Guys - If u want to see the new Articos, or the new Aconda, just head over to Harrods if you can cos they have both of them set up.

Priesh

Also - any chance of a bigger articos coming out any time soon?

5. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    I've been waiting to see this set (out of interest) for a while now, I can't believe a set this big can hold a perfect geometry......It's the CRT's biggest downfall.

FlatCRT is new, has anyone seen it? It claims to be thinner than plasma screens by using lots of "little crt guns" to build a big picture whilst maintaining a square picture. It will have all the best bits of a CRT tubes and best of plasma! WOW :eek:

6. priesh

priesh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  7. mo

mo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    if any of you saw the post i gave on prices a little while ago can use that.
    as of now empire direct is offering the 40'@ £2900.
    i fully expect the articos to be under £2000 from them in the coming weeks.
    the other people are the two in bolton and the other is in hounslow.
    the new brochure is out in march and will show more than one new 'systems' tv,new plasma and new dvd players.
    and just to say again...'yes the articos shows a BETTER picture than the acconda and those who can,should !

8. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,785
    The Articos replaces the CREDO/ERGO models in Loewe range. The Credo was/is the best I've seen from a direct view TV. Look forward to seeing the new kid......

Gordon

9. dsb

dsb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so here's the article from the loewe webpage.
    in german-squirted through altavistas translation thing.
    if you can make sense of it......

Kronach. - clear cannot come Design to the printout: Articos 32, the first television set of the Premium line of lion, captivates reduced form by its on the substantial. Authentically, form-completes, at the same time however simply and timeless. Here the vision became reality. Impressing is the flat display of the device. The preceding, dark anti-reflex windowpane on polished aluminum framework creates optical width and contributes to the aesthetics. Sovereigns alignment and consciously set surface gradation obtain ease and a modern product language. Refine set details like the infrarot-Empfaenger and the wavy loudspeaker cover make the Articos unmistakable 32. The infrarot-Empfaenger is at the same time switching switching and thus functional focal point. The modern real Flat technology is also for absolute precision of the image quality. Pictures seem suddenly as real as the reality. The further developed MediaPlus concept in High end to version offers performance variety, which is competitionless on the market. And individuality and expandableness are called as desired. Dolby digital, Wireless audio, Internet, MultiMedia kit, digital TV, twin Sat. everything is possible. This new electronics means an improved image quality, a further developed system ability in the Home Cinema area and the extension of the multimediafaehigen lion product range on all lion 100-Hz-Fernseher. New features make the MediaPlus technology now still more intelligent and more efficient. The highlight is called DMM plus (digitally Movie mode). Thus moved pictures in best qualityquality quality (4:2:2 standardstandard standard) can be shown. DMM always generates the optimal picture with calm and flowing picture movements. An improved Teletext enables the storage from 3000 pages and guarantees more comfort by the omission of loading times. An interface offers networking possibilities for an intelligent at home and enables over the remote maintenance for example the control of shutters, lighting or house monitoring. Over a second interface also the operation of foreign devices, for example Pay TV decoder is, possible. The strength of the new system line of lion is appropriate altogether in the regulated system networking of TV -, for DVD and audio system. However Articos 32 has its large appearance only in connection with its new rack system. Ever HighTech systems integrated themselves so elegantly into the dwelling, without losing thereby their independent character. Two non-standard rack systems offer a maximum of technical comfort and leave much free space for non-standard space solutions. All the same whether the rack consists of two components set one above the other (system Cube 2) or long-drawn-out to the soil schmiegt itself and almost a furniture character has (system Cube 1). an eye pasture is it in each case. In both rack versions a motor turning function for Articos 32 is integrated. Which means: After switching off the television set takes the stored initial position again. To the concept of the new system line also the revolutionary, circular remote maintenance RC 1 with LCD belongs. It controls from DVD to CD, from audio mode to image plane. All components are connected by it. But RC 1 is not only multi-functional, but also bi-directional. It heads for the radio program for example and shows turned around the selected sender in the display. Humans remain nevertheless in the focal point of the happening. It produced, produced, selects, can be inspired and enjoys with all its senses. Like a control center RC 1 transfers the desires into instruction and takes over the line of the Home Entertainment center with Articos 32, Certos and Concertos. Articos 32 is available since December 2001 in the colours basalt high polish and platinum with the rack version Cube 2. Two components set one above the other set new accents in the dwelling. The rack solution Cube 1 becomes starting from April 2002 available se

10. BigJoe

BigJoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  11. Aus k

Aus k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Articos
    i've seen the light.... it's called the articos!!!
    spent 2 soid hours in harrods yesterday, chatting and discussing many things Loewe with the sales staff (including the big boss). i think they learn't more about the loewe tv's than i did about the articos. not much info on what is new about the Q2500 chassis.....

Their customer service is exemplorary. the articos was hooked up to a xemix DVD playing Bugs Life and it looked fantastic. then, without batting an eyelid, they willingly plugged up the Linn DVD player (£2000). Loaded phantom Menace and wow.
    There are hardly any artefacts. the picture truly does have a "3d" feeling. it just has "depth" to it. it is an absolutely stunning picture and far better than the Aconda. Couldn't do much playing though.
    100hz processing (DMM) can be switched off.
    sockets round the back appear the same as the Aconda Chassis. Progressive Scan is built in (but switched off as in the Aconda). heading back some time to have a good play. Staff were quite willing for me to do this. £2300 for the TV without the base. Base looks ugly and i feel the swivel facility is little more than a gimmick. no one has any leaflets or spec sheets to give out. Chassis = Q2500/H. cant remember what version the firmware version was.
    incidentally the 28" xelos = Q2500/b chassis.

Anyone know if it's on sale somewhere at a cheaper price...

12. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Not too rain on anyone parade but anyone seen an Articos and an Avant side by side????
    Harrods is the only store that could do this easily but i doubt they would,,, some one should ask them to do this and see what they say...