1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe 32sl Hd

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by claire handford, Jan 24, 2005.

1. claire handford

claire handford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I understand that this lcd has A BUILT IN HARD DRIVE But my question is will it record from external sources or just from the onboard tuner. :confused:

2. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    No, don't be fooled by the HD designation - this model does not have the harddrive option. The DR+ is the harddrive version - digital recorder plus.

The DR+ will however record external sources apart from that on the DVI connection and component - for the latter, I am not sure if it cannot record any component signal or just not progressive of HD. It will also record whatever you are watching, including the external source, so you can pause what you are watching for later viewing or archive.

It will work in conjunction with the Loewe D-TV/D-Sat option, but as the D-TV/D-Sat has only one decoder, you cannot watch one digital channel and record another unless you have an additional external decoder too.

-Ian

3. claire handford

claire handford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So i think i will go for the screen only, and stick with my pace twin freeview.the 80gb hard drive is around £300 extra, and the same for the digital tuner !!!!!!

4. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    And you get the benefit of a less tall media box. If I purchased again, that would be my choice too. Although to be honest, I would spend the cost of DR+ and D-tv/D-sat on to cover the upgrade to the Spheros.

-Ian

5. claire handford

claire handford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whats the difference between the 2, apart from the coulor ?

6. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Basically the optics of the Spheros are much better resulting in a better picture - more cinematic like a Plasma. The big glass screen make it less prone to little fingers too. It is also stronger on the audio side. There are also a few case and colour options for the Spheros, some of which add quite a few £££ to the price, ie black basalt which is why so many reviews make the Spheros so much more expensive when in reality there is about £600 in it. But even the basic machine is a better looker than the Xelos, not that that is ugly. For the 32", the electronics appear to be the same as the Xelos range for all sizes, although it may be fitted with some features as standard that are optional on the Xelos. For the 37" models and above, the electronics appear to be different. On paper, the 37" Spheros has better connectivity, 2 RGB SCARTS for starters, but in reality, im not sure of this is such a big deal since the component inputs on the 32" and Xelos can be configured for RGB too. The manual and what I have seen do however contradict themselves in this respect.

-Ian