LOCs

billyroberts

Standard Member
Hi there i have recently changed my car audio and as i've kept my OEM head unit that obviously dont have RCAS ive used a line out put converter to install a sub.

Now at home i have a tube amp, and i was thinking about adding a sub to my bookshelf's but as dont have any sub outs i was thinking has anyone come across any kind ok LOC for home hifi, so i could run a sub?
Or if i would just be able to use a normal car one and run it off that?

any help would be great ta

Billy

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Most Subs of reasonable quality have dual inputs. They have the standard low-level input that connect via RCA-style connectors to some type of Pre-Amp or Sub output on the amp.

However, the High Level Input connect directly to the speaker wires, yet add no noticable load to the amp.

Of course when I use the term Subwoofer, I'm talking about a subwoofer driver already built into a box with built-in amps and Sub controls.

Why don't you give us a working budget for this project?

Steve/bluewizard

billyroberts

Standard Member
Most Subs of reasonable quality have dual inputs. They have the standard low-level input that connect via RCA-style connectors to some type of Pre-Amp or Sub output on the amp.

However, the High Level Input connect directly to the speaker wires, yet add no noticable load to the amp.

Of course when I use the term Subwoofer, I'm talking about a subwoofer driver already built into a box with built-in amps and Sub controls.

Why don't you give us a working budget for this project?

Steve/bluewizard

ahhhhh ok thats cool ive just had a look around and found a couple, so this are adequate in sorting out the bass, and not taking away to much quality from the speakers? i haven't really got a budget yet as i was only thinking bout the possibility of it? but when i am able to get it, i'll probably be in the "budget subs" bracket. Im also in the process of changing my speakers, i was looking at the icon made for valve book shelf's can be driven really low, and only having a small living room i was thinking they may suit better over getting floor-standers that was my original idea. And if bass is lacking thats where my sub idea come from.
Billy

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom