LocoRoco (PS3) - Preview Thread

iddqd

Apparently confirmed in the next issue of PSM3

Althought the PSP version didn't sell extremely well, its a title I personally enjoyed and will look forward to its PS3 iteration.

I think the game could work alot better with the Sixaxis and will look awesome in HD.

locoadkv8.jpg

Pebb

Distinguished Member
Apparently confirmed in the next issue of PSM3

Althought the PSP version didn't sell extremely well, its a title I personally enjoyed and will look forward to its PS3 iteration.

I think the game could work alot better with the Sixaxis and will look awesome in HD.

locoadkv8.jpg
I think LocoRoco should of selled more, because the first game is really original.

Robot of Doom

slightly worrying that off the so called 20 games that will shape the PS3's future loco roco is the game that they are giving the most attention too.

I must admit i have never played it but a PS3 version doesn't exactly get me excited about buying a PS3 any time soon. As the previous poster said would have to be a cheap download only game as sales of the original were not exactly spectacular on the PSP.

H

harps23

Well I think it's great news. I absolutely loved Loco Roco on the PSP, it was easily my favourite game on the system.:thumbsup:

stu.artd

LocoRoco is the simplest to understand yet most enjoyable and charismatic game I've played on the PSP, in fact it's one of the best games I played across all formats last year. I'm looking forward to this on PS3, and just hope that the fun nature of the original game is retained.

I find it sad that it was ignored by so many. Although she never went as far as playing it, it's one of the few games my wife has expressed any interest in whatsoever.

mcmanic

loved it, loved the zany music and quirky sounds, Excellent little gem of a game and will be glad to see it made into a PS3 game

Mark Botwright

Distinguished Member
It worked fantastically on PSP as it was a 2d game and on a small handheld screen i think it's fair to say that the DS has proved 2d is the easiest to play. I think it would work perfectly with sixaxis. My only worry is that it will get ignored for being too simplistic and not showing off the raw power of the console.

reklor

Locoroco was handheld game of last year for me - brilliant game :)

a PS3 version (hopefully PS Store) would be amazing with sixaxis control :D

the lineup is looking incredibly diverse with littlebigplanet coming up too.

breadbun

It appears to have been officially announced now, see here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=79948

Says its 95% complete and WILL be available on the Playstation Store as a downloadable game.

Personally, I can't wait and will definitely get it. It is one of the only games that gets me back playing on my PSP these days.

MrSossidge

Distinguished Member
I only had the demo on the psp but i still keep going back to it to play. I'd have this from the store definitely.

Magus

This is a fantastic & original game & looking forward to sharper graphics & utilisation of the sixaxis on the ps3. Is still a favourite on the psp!

Billy Hunt

It's probably hard to understand what it is about LocoRoco that makes it a great little game unless you've actually played it.

I'll be looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Shoki

From the eurogamer article "an interactive screensaver with which you can interact" good of them to clear that up :rotfl:

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
So what's the difference between a game and interactive screener. I have to keep the PS3 idle long enough to play it? :confused:

Weggie

I was quite excited about buying this until I heard it was an interactive screensaver. Talk about popping the bubble and charging for the pleasure. This wil be like Flow; you'll play it a couple of times and then wish you never wasted the money. :boring:

breadbun

If its the same price of Flow, then I won't be complaining at all :)

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Audeze introduces reference LCD-5 planar magnetic headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Chord Electronics launches Anni desktop amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku announces new Streaming Stick 4K and OS 10.5
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
T+A announces high end 200 Series audio components