1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lockups

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by KeefyR, Oct 31, 2002.

1. KeefyR

KeefyR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK so I bought the panasonic for £99 from Comet.
    Signal strenth roughly 9.5 out of 10, set up went fine, and I can get all the channels with a good solid picture. Channel change is also pretty fast apart from some waits for the interactive news data.

Question is I'm getting some lock ups. I took the first one back and exchanged it after it locked up about a dozen times - addmitedly playing a lot looking at the features and channels.

The second one seems better but will still lock up if you go to the end of the channel list, and also seems a bit unstable in terms of a couple of the radio stations.

Once it has locked, the only way to get it to do anything ( including turn it off) is to pull the power lead out of the back.

Are occasional lock ups just something you have to put up with on this type of equipment ( like we all do on PC's) or do I carry on taking it back ??

2. Vaughn

Vaughn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would you put up with the steering wheel intermitently locking up on your car? I think not. If it doesn't do it's primary function properly, then IMHO you should get it replaced by one that works or get your money back, whether the product is a box of electronics, a box on wheels, or a box of bananas.