locked up box

mechanic

Can anybody throw any light on why the Panasonic tuct20 should lock up on channel 8 after doing an update?Trying to reset by unplugging for a while does not help.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
No, but it might be worth seeing if you can force some sort of factory reset. That may clear the problem and allow you re-scan for channels, etc. If the lock-up is a follow-on from a firmware upgrade then you may have a more significant problem. In that case, a new box may be the order of the day.

Clem

mechanic

Thanks for the reply Clem. I will see if i can do a rest somehow.I had a similar prob with a Phillips dtr 1500.That had to be returned to Phillips to be resolved.So i dont hold out much hope fpr the panny,but thanks again.

D

dbs4

My Panasonic TU-TC20 has also been locked up for about a week. I phoned the Panasonic helpline last thursday,( numbers on underside of box ). They told me its because there is some kind of pre-changeover to digital testing going on at the Blackhill & Craigkelly transmitters. Apparently they have been inundated with calls regarding locked up boxes. I've phoned a couple of times since, ( latest about 10 am this morning ) they're still trying to sort out the problem.

B

bowesworld

I've just spoken with Panasonic as well. Freeview have updated something on the transmitter in Scotland that has caused a problem with Panasonic freeview boxes. I was told that Freeview are going to reverse the update before this weekend so all should be well again.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom