Locked Down (TBC) Doug Liman

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
While Doug Liman plots directing a blockbuster-size movie in outer space with Tom Cruise, his next mission will be on a lot more modest budget in London. Liman is set next to direct Lockdown, and Anne Hathaway is in final talks to star. Steven Knight wrote the script and P.J. Sandwyck is producing with Alison Winter. Sandwyck is also producing with Liman the movie they’ll shoot in space with Cruise.

Sources describe the under $10 million budget film as a heist movie/romantic comedy set in the backdrop of the pandemic lockdown. Stuart Ford’s AGC Studios is fully funding, and CAA Media Finance arranged the financing.

The film will begin shooting by the end of September. There are several key roles, and I’d heard that Cillian Murphy might play one, but that is now looking dodgy. Already, with Liman, Hathaway and Knight, that’s a pretty strong package at that budget range for a movie that came together quickly and will shoot so soon.

Here we go, Corona films.

I'm still waiting on the Cow Foot and Mouth disease movies :D

Re titled Lockdown to Locked Down

Locked Down will debut on HBO Max on January 14, 2021.

Last edited:
Unless I'm wildly off the mark, this will get a lot of attention in the weeks and months to come.
Liman Directing from Stephen Knights screenplay, great cast, and the story couldn't be more relevant.

The Trailer looks interesting, certainly in these lean times for films being released.

"Sorry, how many a*ses have you got??" "Piss OFF!"

The really interesting thing though, is it was announced in early Sept, started filming late Sept, wrapped done and dusted, and scheduled for January 14TH?? for $10 Million?? What the ???

How? just how did they manage that? And if it can be done for 10 Mill, with THAT kind of talent on board, then surely there's a precedent being laid out, maybe a template even?

Definitely keeping my eye on this one, fingers crossed.

Probably have zero visual effects in post production will had shaved off months and dollar.

Last edited:
UK release 5th March (if cinemas re-opened A big if at this time) so could see this going to a streaming site

Locked Down will debut on HBO Max on January 14, 2021.

Er yeah, so very strong, almost unbeatable candidate for WORST film of the year if not the decade.

Toilet paper gag notwithstanding, a heist on Harrod's must be the worst possible scenario to use to encapsulate Lockdown in 2020. Especially with such ace actors in the lead roles.

Good grief!

While Doug Liman plots directing a blockbuster-size movie in outer space with Tom Cruise, his next mission will be on a lot more modest budget in London. Liman is set next to direct Lockdown, and Anne Hathaway is in final talks to star. Steven Knight wrote the script and P.J. Sandwyck is producing with Alison Winter. Sandwyck is also producing with Liman the movie they’ll shoot in space with Cruise.

Sources describe the under $10 million budget film as a heist movie/romantic comedy set in the backdrop of the pandemic lockdown. Stuart Ford’s AGC Studios is fully funding, and CAA Media Finance arranged the financing.

The film will begin shooting by the end of September. There are several key roles, and I’d heard that Cillian Murphy might play one, but that is now looking dodgy. Already, with Liman, Hathaway and Knight, that’s a pretty strong package at that budget range for a movie that came together quickly and will shoot so soon.

Murphy should concentrate on getting PB out , I’m itching like a dog with fleas to see that !!!!

I actually had a lot of fun with this...it was a harmless couple of hours & seeing lockdown in a jaunty movie with great two actors made it somewhat relatable & funny. Easy entertainment.

I actually had a lot of fun with this...it was a harmless couple of hours & seeing lockdown in a jaunty movie with great two actors made it somewhat relatable & funny. Easy entertainment.

Hattaway was a hot mess
The poet bandit not so much so :D
She's great in this. Overall 7/10

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom