Locke & Key (Netflix) Season 2

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Reports that “Locke & Key,” the graphic novel written by Stephen King's son Joe Hill, has received a series commitment from Fox.

“Locke & Key” follows three kids who end up watching over a mansion filled with doors that transport them to different worlds and give them superpowers.

The project will reteam “War of the Worlds” screenwriter Josh Friedman (showrunner on “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles”) and producer Steven Spielberg. Also producing the series are Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, writer-producers behind everyting from the “Star Trek” and “Transformers” movies to the “Fringe” and “Hawaii Five-O” TV series.

lockekey.jpg

Last edited:
First look at the cast playing the Locke family in the pilot Locke & Key, from producers Steven Spielberg with Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci.

Pictured: Sarah Bolger (The Tudors), Miranda Otto (The Lord of the Rings), Jesse McCartney (Greek), Skylar Gaertner

lockeandkey.jpg

Also cast were Nick Stahl (Carnivale), Mark Pellegrino (Lost)

And I thought this might be a Lost spin-off!

Blimey, I've only just seen this thread - really enjoyed the comics so far! Hope they can do them justice.

Shame FOX never picked this up for a series, hopefully another network develops it

There is a very slight hope that MTV may pick up 'Lock & Key', that FOX dropped.

They were impressed by the pilot, but need to see if it makes financial sense, as SyFy channel had earlier passed on the series. I do like the look of it, hopefully some thing comes off.

fox have wasted so many good shows by either overlooking or cancelling before any work was put into them, since firefly was killed off by them, i never hold out any hope for anything with them anymore.

Series back in development

IDW Entertainment, whose publishing arm is behind the books, is developing the property as a television series with Joel Hill attached to write the pilot and executive produce.

all very well unless a network picks it's up

Hill;
“I love this story, the seven years I spent working on Locke & Key was the happiest creative experience of my life and there still isn’t a day when I don’t think about those characters and miss visiting with them. The six books of the series are very like six seasons of a cable TV series and so it feels only natural to bring that world to the little screen and to see if we can’t scare the pants off viewers everywhere.”

Andy Muschietti (Mama, Steven King's It) will replace Scott Derrickson As Director of the Pilot

Hulu has passed on “Locke & Key” :(

‘Locke & Key’: Connor Jessup & Emilia Jones To Play Tyler & Kinsey Locke In Netflix Series From Carlton Cuse & Joe Hill
EXCLUSIVE: The Locke siblings are set for Locke & Key, Netflix’s series adaptation of Joe Hill’s comic, from Hill, Carlton Cuse and IDW Entertainment. Connor Jessup (American Crime) and British actress Emilia Jones (Utopia) have been cast as Tyler and Kinsey Locke, respectively. They join It‘s Jackson Robert Scott, who plays their brother Bode Locke

‘Locke & Key’: Griffin Gluck Cast As Regular, Steven Williams To Recur In Netflix Series
Gluck will play Gabe, a new boarding student at Matheson Academy who befriends Kinsey Locke. Williams will recur as Joe Ridgeway an esteemed teacher at Matheson Academy who connects with the newly arrived Locke family

Sherri Saum Joins Netflix's Locke & Key
Saum will play Ellie Whedon, a teacher at Matheson Academy who has a mysterious history with the Locke family

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom