Lock shutter open on Sony ALpha 200?

mildfuzz

Standard Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to lock the shutter open so that it will not close until I hit the trigger a second time?

I have :rtfm: but it's not quite what I wanted. I need to be free to not hold the button down, so it needs to open on press 1, and wait for a second press to close.

same deal (at least, with the remote I have, which is 3rd party)

Only other option is to set the timer to 10 secs I believe, unless like the A700 you have a remote commander so that you can operate wirelessly. Otherwise a wired remote swich.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I want to use it for solo light painting, so it is really important that it is wireless, that I am not on a timer, and that I can let go of the trigger to move lights during the exposure

Looks good, although a bit dubious about purchasing from China via ebay

Looks good, although a bit dubious about purchasing from China via ebay

I've bought from China, no problem. Check the feedback.

It's less the country, and more ebay. If there was a UK vendor shipping these, that would be better for me.

Although, I will probably take the plunge

It's less the country, and more ebay. If there was a UK vendor shipping these, that would be better for me.

Although, I will probably take the plunge

No problems buying from China through eBay. Pay using Paypal and you'll be fine.

I've bought release cables off eBay from China/Hong Kong no problem, on the lookout for a wireless one, the Remote you get with the A700 is good but I can't imagine its range is tremendous.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom