Lock on. Is it good??

Timh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have tried the demo of lock on and it looks pretty good, but has anyone tried the full game, if so what do you think of it?
Thanks

Who Knows? I takes a bloody super computer to run it and at the moment is riddled with bugs, however if you can solve these two minor issues it looks fantastic.

Yep have the compete version. My system is Athlon 2500, 1gig 3200 ram, ATI 8500LE 64mb. On installing it it was totally unplayable, no frame rate at all. Patched it and fiddled around, lowish graphics settings but 1024x768 and now runs very nicely. Will be interested how far I can push this when I get a new graphics card next month. Be warned thisgame ahs more buttons than you would believe and can take a while to setup, well I did on my X45. I havent had much of a chance to play properly yet but the patch appears to have helped a lot.
Cheers
Jon

I tried it on my Barton 2800 / Geforce 4 Ti4600 and it ran OK. But every time I left a mission it crashed my PC, so I gave up on it

Was the patch out? Also I had a few probs untill the new catalyst drivers appeared, that seems to have helped a lot with some odd problems i had with various games. Think lockon could be the complete daddy on the new gcards and other hardware that should come out soon.
Cheers
on

Been back on tonight after installing the patch, dont"t think this helped the fps but with the settings set to medium i played with around 30-40fps, only slowed down when there was lots going on or when noises were being loaded up.Trouble is that slowdown ruins the rest of the game.

I ended up turning down AA etc to get better FPS, should be getting a 9800 at some point so will see how it goes with that.
Jon

the game played fine for me
i just thought it was absolute crap
thats just my opinion

The game looks great but will take some time getting to know the key buttons.

Excellent game - best jet flight simulator released I think (get ready for complaints from F4 die-hards)

Admittadly it does need a super computer to run it - I get pretty good frame rates on my 3.0G P4 and 9700 Pro - but new flight sims have always tended to require top of the range PCs.

Multiplayer is great fun too.

I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10 even with the bugs that are still present.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom