Loch Lomond - Where to stay?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Digger, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Digger

Digger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +206
    Morning All :thumbsup:

I'm a happy chappy as I have nearly sealed a deal on part-exchanging my car. The crunch is the car I am buying is in Scotland. . .and I am not! So, planning a road trip from London probably backend of next week. Unfortunately I need my sleep otherwise I would intend to do the 850 mile trip in a day - Yes madness I know!

Sensibly I should probably make it a two day excursion, travelling up the first day, and doing the deal and travelling down on the second, or maybe vice-versa if you know what I mean.

Anyway destination is Loch Lomond area, so am looking for suggestions where to stay, nothing expensive mind, just a pretty location and a dry roof over my head.

:smashin:

2. Billo

Billo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    My parents used to have a caravan on the east side of Loch Lomond, but that's a bit of a dead end(there is no road out over the top of the loch) even though it is the prettiest.
    I do remember going to Helensbugh(seeing it on your map jogged my memory) for days out and it is a lovely seaside town, I'm sure there are plenty of B&B there, and if your a fan of Art Deco there is the wonderful ''Hillhouse'' there.
    I'm sure someone else who has been there this century :) could fill in more detail.

3. Paul_HDLover

Paul_HDLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Cameron house hotel or duck bay marina.

4. Billo

Billo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Just a quick thought, if you are getting any kind of sporty or drivers car you realy should drive up and around those sea lochs, there are some wonderful roads around there and the scenery is great. Have a look at google earth around Loch Long.