• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Location Shoot of VW Golf GTi

allymac123

Have taken a couple of pics of a mates car for him and was just looking for feedback on what you think of the images. I've got another guy wanting some done of his CRX done so I'll take onboard all comments for that!

51mm | F/9 | 1s | ISO 100

This one was taken a bit later on and I used 4 flashes from my 430ex on 1/2 power to 'paint' the car.

20mm | F/9 | 13s | ISO 100

Tobers

I'm not an expert on car photography at all, but #2 is great. Very nice colours and drama. There's a nice car-shaped dark patch in the background just to the right of where the car is. Framing it there would have made the car stand out more from the streetlights.

In #1, the background distracts quite a bit. Try standing further away and using a longer zoom to blur the background?

Tobers

One quick bit of amateur photoshop later...

142410685-L.jpg

You get my drift....

Also, I blacked out the windows (there was someone inside the car, and the lights coming through plus the interior were distracting. And also cloned out the tax disc.

Not much on telly tonight :D

allymac123

I think Tobers may be right about first but I got carried away trying to work out where you took the image..hahahaha....now just need to get my mate to pull the trigger on that Lambo....hope he's reading this....

Gordon

haha yeah its the top of Carlton Hill in Edinburgh (East End of Princes Street) looking out over Leith and the Firth of Forth. I think I'll have to find a different location for the CRX though as the Munro sized speed 'bumps' and a lowered CRX won't mix well together.

Introducing an oof background in #1 is deffinately something to play with next time so cheers for that :thumbsup:

Although I'm not a fan of the crop in #2 (I like the way the sky leads out from the car) I see what you mean in terms of the windows/ placement of background etc and can see why you had to crop to move these around.

Deffinately some things to try out and fiddle with the next time :D

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom